• Proposed LIRR Schedule with ESA added

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by geico

zhaos wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:45 am Looking over the schedules, I don't think they're that bad. Service from diesel territory is poor but that's kind of unrelated to ESA. It looks like transferring at Jamaica will get you a train for the other terminal without much of a wait. Things are a little less flexible for Port Washington riders in terms of choosing a Manhattan terminal.

I just wish the trains wouldn't crawl during the peak hours. If they figure that out, couldn't they speed up the scheduled times?
Look again. The schedules are CRAPPY for Penn commuters during rush hour!
  by west point

zhaos wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:45 am I just wish the trains wouldn't crawl during the peak hours. If they figure that out, couldn't they speed up the scheduled times?
It may be that the only solution would be high density signaling. Amtrak added that to to the North river tunels and I believe it will be added during the East river tunnel rehabs ? Amtrak plans to add it to WASH 1srt street tunel bores somerime in the future. Since I am not in NY can you estimate the distance between block signals when going thru the slow spots?
  by Head-end View

A lot of the rush hour crawling is due to one train being delayed for a mechanical problem which causes a ripple effect slowing down many trains behind it.
  by ExCon90

zhaos wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:45 am Things are a little less flexible for Port Washington riders in terms of choosing a Manhattan terminal.
It would help if more GCT trains stopped at Woodside; it would still mean a change of platform, but less of a walk than for those changing at Jamaica.