• Surviving Conrail Painted Loco Spottings

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

by dano23

NS 5290 has been in Port Newark for the last few weeks.
  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

nice...... keep reporting these units,make it easy for NS to track them and get them repainted balck....duh
  by airman00

Well, at the rate CSX and NS are painting over "blue power"... The only blue engines left will be the ones retired before CSX or NS could repaint them.
  by RailsEast

RDGTRANSMUSEUM wrote:nice...... keep reporting these units,make it easy for NS to track them and get them repainted balck....duh
Well, I would think NS would know where specific units are on their system, what with modern computers & all.....but, if it will help at all, that's my last post in this thread!! :-)
Chris
  by charlie6017

Keep posting them, please. I for one, enjoy seeing shots of Conrail blue power!

Thanks,
Charlie
  by nomis

Back on July 26th, CRQ 5286 at MORRIS.
  by Espee9180

While not a personal spotting (so I can't vouch for accuracy), but the last 6 blue painted locomotives on CSX are at Huntington, WV for paint.

They were:
GP38-2 #2730, #2758
SD40-2 #8865
C40-8W #7301, #7302
GP40-2 #4428

Conrail paint on CSX comes to an end.
  by airman00

Speaking of disapearing engines, SW1500's on NS are dropping like flies. all remaining former conrail sw1500's have been retired. the only 2 left were rebuilt into cabless genset locomotives, so technically they are no longer sw's anymore. At least it appears the 6 remaining sw1001's will hang on for some time.

Why are switchers disapearing so fast? (I did see that #2220 appeared to be juniata shop power, so I thought it might hang on, but I guess not.)
  by bluedash2

RDGTRANSMUSEUM wrote:nice...... keep reporting these units,make it easy for NS to track them and get them repainted balck....duh
Lol. Seriously NS gave us a LOT more blue to look at over the last 12+ years than CSX did by a lot. I'm sure if it weren't for the rebuild programs and painting all new units in shop NS would have erased all blue years ago. Unfortunately all good things come to an end and considering CR had everything in blue within 8 years, I'm happy NS gave us this long. At least NJ still has the 5277. Is the 5290, OLS still in N Jersey? I know the CRQ 5286 is still at Morrisville. Everyone keep up the sighting reports 'cause time's ticking fast.
  by Alek9997

Over this month we lost 7301, 7302, 7335, 4428, and 7489. That was the remainder of the CR Painted units.

Sadly, the CONRAIL painted units on CSX are now but a memory.

Hopefully everyone got plenty of photos of them while they were still running around!
  by dano23

NS 3429 heading down the Chemical Coast with Ethanol loads around 1245 today.
  by craltoona

What about CSX 8865, 7331, and 7334? Lost track of these three. They've been painted too? Does anyone know when?