• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by srock1028

strench707 wrote:
Then I caught the WILDEST one. NB train 88 Arrived en route to Boston with a Keystone set instead of NE Regional set of equipment. The consist was AEM-7 949, 4 AmI Coaches, Cab Car #9646 on the rear with its marker lights on facing the Am1 for some reason. The marker lights on the back where they should have been on to mark the end of the train were off. The last car had regular passengers but also had about 7 Amtrak employees of all different lines of work riding in the vestibule on the cab car and the border AmI. One (not in conductor uniform) radioed the engineer when they were good to go, no one was a conuctor, one looked like a chef, he had that uniform. Does anyone know this train's story? Did they change the equipment in Philly or did they run a 5 car Keystone set (which was jam packed) all the way to Boston?

Davis
88 broke down and a Keystone Set in Philly (stand-by set I'm guessing) was sent down to pick up the passengers. I'm not sure if the Keystone Set went all the way up to Boston or if passengers were switched to another train in Philly or New York.
  by HBLR

How often do those old metroliner cabs venture past new york in revenue service?
  by hi55us

HBLR wrote:How often do those old metroliner cabs venture past new york in revenue service?
They are used on the NHV-SPG shuttle
  by strench707

srock1028 wrote:88 broke down and a Keystone Set in Philly (stand-by set I'm guessing) was sent down to pick up the passengers. I'm not sure if the Keystone Set went all the way up to Boston or if passengers were switched to another train in Philly or New York.
Thanks for the info, its too bad all they had was a standard Keystone set on hand, that train looked pretty dang cramped. No food service or buisnessclass car either. Bummer for those riders...

Davis
  by HBLR

Tie train still at Hudson. Where are they going?
  by ns3010

I don't think it's been noted anywhere in this forum, but Amtrak is leasing at least four ALP-44's from NJT. 4402 and 4403 are in Sunnyside, and 4408 and 4410 are in Hudson Yard. Reportedly, two others (4406 and 4412) have been seen near the locomotive shop at the MMC, so it would appear that they are also being leased. See http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 41653]here
  by HBLR

Yea i saw 4408 and 4410 hooked to each other this morning on the far track near the active line track.
  by CSX Conductor

Thanks for the info. I was pleasantly surprised to see an NJT ALP-44 in Sunnyside yesterday as I passed by.

Tonight there are supposed to be two dead-head moves from Boston to NYP, but not sure when they'll be called due to no conductors available as of right now. (A dead-head Acela and lite motor 936.)
  by ns3010

ns3010 wrote:I don't think it's been noted anywhere in this forum, but Amtrak is leasing at least four ALP-44's from NJT. 4402 and 4403 are in Sunnyside, and 4408 and 4410 are in Hudson Yard. Reportedly, two others (4406 and 4412) have been seen near the locomotive shop at the MMC, so it would appear that they are also being leased. See here
Fixed link.
  by BuddSilverliner269

CSX Conductor wrote:Thanks for the info. I was pleasantly surprised to see an NJT ALP-44 in Sunnyside yesterday as I passed by.

Tonight there are supposed to be two dead-head moves from Boston to NYP, but not sure when they'll be called due to no conductors available as of right now. (A dead-head Acela and lite motor 936.)
I saw the lite motor come thru Harold when I brought 179 into SSYD. That was around Midnight.
  by CSX Conductor

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:I saw the lite motor come thru Harold when I brought 179 into SSYD. That was around Midnight.
I wish I knew it was you, I would've said hello, sorry.

There is a dead-head Acela move Bos-NYP today, probably leaving Boston around 11am.
  by CNJGeep

The Star ran with Viewliner 62034 on the end today, in addition to its regular complement of two sleepers behind the bc.