• Report SEPTA Delays Here:

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by MichaelBug

Launcher wrote:
Matthew Mitchell wrote:Interestingly, they took the outbound Paoli line trains like 515 completely off the platform screens in Center City, rather than showing them terminating at 30th Street.
For train 505, it said Paoli LTD / CANCELLED on the board and when it arrived at the center city stops, and the conductors said "no passengers". Also the head conductor voiced an update to all passengers between Temple and market east over the train to let any of the "through passengers" know that the train would be suspended at 30th. Also, The Alvinator at center city stops read:

"Attention Paoli... passengers. due to Amtrak... power problems... Train service between... Center City Philadelphia and Paoli and... ... ... THORNDALE... has been suspended ..."
Train 509 was also shown as CANCEL on the board (to Thorndale) & there were similar announcements made on board that trip as well.
  by Port Jervis

zebrasepta wrote:Regional Rail: Outbound Thorndale/Paoli service has been SUSPENDED due to a downed tree. Inbound service will experience delays due to wire damage.

ALL service will be suspended after inbound train #9538 (Thorndale 7:38)

Outbound Paoli passenger can use the MFL to 69th, transfer to the NHSL to Villanova, and add'l buses will operate on Lancaster Ave to Paoli.

Edit:

Regional Rail: Thorndale/Paoli Line ALL service has been SUSPENDED due to downed tree and wire problems.

Outbound Paoli passenger can use the MFL to 69th, transfer to the NHSL to Villanova, and add'l buses will operate on Lancaster Ave to Paoli.
I went through the area around 11 AM. Problem was near St. Davids. A good 1000 feet of wire was being replaced. Trains to Malvern/Thorndale used the inside track west of Bryn Mawr.
  by Port Jervis

Anyone know what happened near 30th St around 3:20 PM? I was on #783, which sat just past the tunnel portal from Suburban for 15 minutes, then reversed back into the tunnel and switched over to the outside track. This was actually a fortunate delay, since it caused me to miss the connection to NJT #3862, which broke down at Metuchen and was taken OOS.
  by BuddSilverliner269

Per Septa Twitter, train 9703 was cancelled due to equipment failure. 9703 is Silverliner 5's....
  by zebrasepta

Besides the SL V's being cancelled today there seemed to be a lot of equipment problems since monday
  by SilentCal

The gate at Gwynedd Valley isn't working. Don't think I've seen that before.
  by Franklin Gowen

SilentCal wrote:The gate at Gwynedd Valley isn't working. Don't think I've seen that before.
Interesting. I'll speculate that it might have been due to electromagnetic tomfoolery caused by the strong lines of thunderstorms that blitzed the area on Thursday afternoon and evening. I had a lot of trouble making out the AM radio program I was listening to at that time -- each individual lighnting strike (and there were many) caused a signifigant burst of white noise to erupt from my stereo speakers. Perhaps Limejuice can shed some light on the gate failure you saw.
  by Matthew Mitchell

Heavy rain can ground a track circuit too.
  by zebrasepta

EDIT: RRD: Services operating outbound to Trenton with delays of up to 30 mins and inbound services delayed up to 90 mins due to police activity.

All services to or from Churchmans Crossing or Newark; South of Wilmington have been canceled until further notice due to Amtrak wire problems. Alternate bus services are DART Routes 5 and 33 from Rodney Square. Please see DART supvrs onsite at Rodney Square. Route 5 services Churchmans and Route 33 services one block away from Newark train station.
Last edited by zebrasepta on Wed May 25, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by tgolanos

SEPTA wrote:Services currently operating to and from Trenton with delays of up to 30 minutes en route due to police activity.All services to or from Churchmans Crossing or Newark; South of Wilmington have been canceled until further notice due to Amtrak wire problems. Alternate bus services are DART Routes 5 and 33 from Rodney Square. Please see DART supvrs onsite at Rodney Square. Route 5 services Churchmans and Route 33 services one block away from Newark train station.

Rough evening on the PRR-side today. Also, what's up with the xxxPP train number? As of 7.36pm, trainview says train 768PP (30th Street to CHE) is running 10 minutes late. I've never seen a double-P in a train number. Does that mean it's a replacement for the replacement train?
  by R3 Passenger

zebrasepta wrote:EDIT: RRD: Services operating outbound to Trenton with delays of up to 30 mins and inbound services delayed up to 90 mins due to police activity.

All services to or from Churchmans Crossing or Newark; South of Wilmington have been canceled until further notice due to Amtrak wire problems. Alternate bus services are DART Routes 5 and 33 from Rodney Square. Please see DART supvrs onsite at Rodney Square. Route 5 services Churchmans and Route 33 services one block away from Newark train station.
Of all days I didn't take the Northeast Corridor, today had to be that day!
  by Franklin Gowen

R3 Passenger wrote: Of all days I didn't take the Northeast Corridor, today had to be that day!
Yes I'm glad, too. Today I caught the Royal Blue for heading back north from Aberdeen, MD. That ride over the B&O sure is smooth! I laughed at the thought of all those poor schlubs stuck on the Pennsy. Guess a GG-1 snagged the catenary yet again. That stuff's really beginning to show its age. Think about it, man: those wires are nearly twenty years old!
[tongue firmly in cheek]
  by Limited-Clear

That wasn't the only problem, 9452 last night with 5 GEs failed at the airport on track 1, they were unable to fix it and tied it down at terminal E, everything else used track 2.
  by zebrasepta

RRD: Wilmington/Newark trains are operating with delays of up to 30 minutes due to Amtrak equipment problems and single-track operations.
More problems on the Wilmington/Newark line today
  by rbreslow

Due to ongoing system construction work, all outbound Trenton Line trains will operate on the inner track at Cornwells Heights Station during the following times:
Sunday through Thursday evening, 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
Friday and Saturday evening, 9:30 p.m. until 9:30 a.m.
The mini-high platform at Cornwells Heights Station will not be accessible when the train enters the station during these periods. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask customers to seek alternate means of accessible travel.

Due to ongoing system construction work, all inbound Trenton trains will operate on the inner track at Cornwells Heights Station during the following times:
Sunday through Thursday evening, 11:00 p.m. through the last train
Friday and Saturday evening, 9:30 p.m. until 9:30 a.m.
The mini-high platform at Cornwells Heights Station will not be accessible when the train enters the station during these periods. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask customers to seek alternate means of accessible travel.