• The SIRR and RVRR V

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by cjl330

The former CNJ/RVRR Aldene yard was cleaned up east of the GSP by the the M&E this week.

by Ken W2KB

It will be interesting to see if the track is cleared of snow after the storm.

by CNJFAN

East of the Garden State Parkway had some cleanup for a long time up to a point, unless they recently went further than they already were.
Is this something that you kept track of?
I have actually noticed it for about 2 years now.
I'll have to take a ride and look again after some of the snow melts.

by cjl330

The M&E crew was working there last week. They removed all of the brush and trees (again) between the GSP and the Lumber Yard.

by CNJFAN

Thanks for the info.

by CNJFAN

Has anyone noticed lately if the new steel supports arrived @ the bridge in Linden over the NEC yet?

by markyk

From what I understand, the steel supports have not yet arrived on their property, however some work was done at the bridge last week, during the day.

by CNJFAN

Well it's good to know that there is some progress in the works.
Thanks Markyk.

by markyk

Also I can add that work on the RV side should be resuming full speed shortly............

by rvrrhs

markyk wrote:Also I can add that work on the RV side should be resuming full speed shortly............
Where does this information come from?

by CNJFAN

I attained information from reading newspaper articles, talking with other railfans, and reading this thread.

by rvrrhs

markyk wrote:Also I can add that work on the RV side should be resuming full speed shortly............
What is the exact source of your information, CNJFAN, that "work on the RV side should be resuming full speed shortly"? Was it a specific newspaper article that the rest of us missed? Was it a statement by someone from M&E? Or was it merely railfan speculation?

I'm not trying to be an @$$ about this, CNJFAN, I just want to know that your assertion is substantiated before I get excited. We've been waiting for a break in the RV deadlock for so long, I don't want to get my hopes up based on rumor and speculation.
Last edited by rvrrhs on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by CNJFAN

Hi RVRRHS,
I wasn't the person that said anything about the work on the RV side should be resuming full speed ahead shortly,
Markyk made that statement.
I really didn't know anything about that myself.
I read that the same time you did.
I fully understand about getting excited regarding any railroad reactivation, especially where there is NIMBY resistance.
I assume that he must have seen some actual work taking place.
I pass by there every now and then but I live a bit of a distance from there.
I hope this answers your question.
Have a great weekend!

by rvrrhs

CNJFAN wrote:I assume that he must have seen some actual work taking place.
I pass by there every now and then but I live a bit of a distance from there.
I pass by several parts of the old RV almost daily, and have not seen any work since they put up the barricade on the ROW between Liberty Ave. and the bridge over the Rahway River back in the summer.

by rvrrhs

Sorry, CNJFAN. I got confused because you answered my question, which was directed at markyk.

Let me try this again...
What is the exact source of your information, markyk, that "work on the RV side should be resuming full speed shortly"? Was it a specific newspaper article that the rest of us missed? Was it a statement by someone from M&E? Or was it merely railfan speculation?

I'm not trying to be an @$$ about this, I just want to know that your assertion is substantiated before I get excited. We've been waiting for a break in the RV deadlock for so long, I don't want to get my hopes up based on rumor and speculation.