• Thread For Posting Heritage Unit Locations

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Pacific 2-3-1

How're you gonna keep those GE's down on the (Phase V) farm, after they've seen (new Phase III) PAREE?
  by MEC407

MEC407 wrote:AMTK 145 has been painted in a new, Phase III-inspired livery. Note this is a P42, not a P40.
Thought: wouldn't P42 #40 have been the obvious choice for this special commemorative paint job? Or are they saving that one for a commemorative Ronald Reagan livery? :P
  by BuddSilverliner269

From what I'm hearing at work is that supposedly a p42 will be painted for the Northeast direct scheme and also be painted in the likes of an old E unit with bloody nose.
  by cdsida

I love this new paint scheme! I think it looks much better than the current one.
  by byte

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:... and also be painted in the likes of an old E unit with bloody nose.
Now THAT is something I'd like to see.
  by JR4815D2

Now to know where the P40 No. 145 will be next. Be nice to track it.
  by strench707

I'll keep my eyes out for either unit around here. From the pics we have we know its in or been in Indiana.

Davis
  by Amtrak207

P42 #145 (Ph IIIa) is assigned to #30 (Eastbound Capitol Ltd.) tonight (1/30) from CHI-WAS. IT SHOULD BE ENROUTE NOW TO CLE, PGH, WAS!
  by JR4815D2

Amtrak207 wrote:P42 #145 (Ph IIIa) is assigned to #30 (Eastbound Capitol Ltd.) tonight (1/30) from CHI-WAS. IT SHOULD BE ENROUTE NOW TO CLE, PGH, WAS!
Would be nice to see it today. Too bad have to work.
  by RailBus63

Back to the Future! This scheme actually looks good on these units. It reminds me of better days for Amtrak, specifically the Claytor years. When he was running the show, the trains always looked good – I’m sure he would be horrified if he was still with us and seeing the grungy, beat-up units that lead far too many Amtrak trains these days.
  by Milwaukee_F40C

They should have gone with the original phase III scheme from the P40's possibly without the fade. Projecting the lines of the F40PH on to the P42 isn't working great.
  by frequentflyer

Looks good, reminds of the old GE ad in Trains mag in the late nineties. The ad had the artist impression of the P40 in Phase III like this.

The black on the bottom is a little too high and the black mask should have followed the crease in the hood. Other than that good job. I will state it again, it makes no sense that the present livery have mix matched locomotives and pax cars designs.