• Conductor hiring session - CSX

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by harley026

Hi all, I am new to this forum and just had a quick question. I was invited to a CSX conductor hiring session this morning. I showed up about 30 minutes early. The recruiter came in and talked awhile and then sent us to another room to test since they scheduled 2 hiring sessions for the same day at the same time. Anyway, we took the industrial reading test and 12 out of 15 of us passed and got an interview. I was a bit nervous, but i still think the interview went well. Anyway, i was the only 1 there who scored a perfect score on the reading test. My question is, will that help me at all? Or does it just matter that you passed?
  by dieselnine

Congrats on getting an interview. Don't know the answer to your question, but would think that unless a person only passed the test by a point or two, it probably doesn't make a difference what your score was. Good work though! Hey, where did you interview? I've got an app. in; however, just heard from someone that works for CSX in Jacksonville that there is supposed to be a layoff coming quite soon. If they are still interviewing, I guess that's a good sign. Hopefully, it's nothing more than a rumor. Good luck to you.
  by harley026

I interviewed in Johnson City, Tn. I havent heard much about any layoffs coming up, but its always a possibility i guess. They where hiring 10 people, but told us at the beginning of the session that there were currently no positions open at this time. They were hiring for their needs in 2009, and that the people selected would be placed in a hiring pool and would be called when we were needed.
  by scooterz66

As long as you passed, I don't think it matters. When I interviewed, all they did was call names and ask them to leave. They never read or told any scores. Same with the math test. I wouldn't worry too much. I've been working for CSX for a year and a half now.
  by harley026

Thats what i was thinking. I never asked for my score, but the recruiter started calling out our names for the interview and when he called me he congratulated me on the test score. It didnt matter to me as long as i passed. I got alot of hell over it from the guys that i knew over there.
  by frikentrainnerd

scooterz66 wrote:As long as you passed, I don't think it matters. When I interviewed, all they did was call names and ask them to leave. They never read or told any scores. Same with the math test. I wouldn't worry too much. I've been working for CSX for a year and a half now.
Wait. Theirs a MATH TEST???
Well i guess i'll fail the hiring session whene i apply
  by MikeJ

frikentrainnerd wrote:
scooterz66 wrote:As long as you passed, I don't think it matters. When I interviewed, all they did was call names and ask them to leave. They never read or told any scores. Same with the math test. I wouldn't worry too much. I've been working for CSX for a year and a half now.

Looks like math isn't your only problem.
  by frikentrainnerd

MikeJ wrote:
frikentrainnerd wrote:

Looks like math isn't your only problem.
Whats THAT Suppose to mean???
  by MikeJ

frikentrainnerd wrote: Whats THAT Suppose to mean???

Seriously?
  by MikeJ

frikentrainnerd wrote:Seriously.

If you can't figure it out, I'll just leave it alone.
  by BNSF-Conductor

I'm pretty sure he was referring to spelling...er... sorry word usage..........but I could be wrong. :)
  by frikentrainnerd

What, You got a problem with my spelling?
  by MikeJ

frikentrainnerd wrote:What, You got a problem with my spelling?
Nope, but someone looking to hire you might have a problem with the bad spelling, grammar, and punctuation.