• Pan Am Phase II Dark Blue Paint

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by wseamo1

Hi everyone,

I'm a researcher for M.T.H. Electric Trains and we're working on the Pan Am GP-40 in the dark blue paint. I've read this color is
very similar to Missouri Pacific blue. Is this accurate? If anyone has any information on this color, please email me
at: [email protected]

Take care,

Bill
  by guilfordrailfan

Pan Am dark blue is a custom color, so there is no other railroad color that is an exact match. It is a VERY dark shade of blue and I'm pretty sure is actually a little darker than MoPac blue. I believe Santa Fe dark blue is a fairly close match.
  by Hux

wseamo1 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm a researcher for M.T.H. Electric Trains and we're working on the Pan Am GP-40 in the dark blue paint. I've read this color is
very similar to Missouri Pacific blue. Is this accurate? If anyone has any information on this color, please email me
at: [email protected]

Take care,

Bill
Why not contact the fine folks at the Waterville shop and get the exact color mixture, or get a sample.
  by KSmitty

In the past someone on here has said that while the paint may look like MoPac, the cans actually come labeled "Santa Fe Blue"
  by bmcdr

ATLAS just came out with a GP-40 done up in PanAm a couple of months ago, perhaps they've already done the research and can help you out.
  by MEC407

The interesting thing about this blue is that it can look vastly different depending on whether it's a sunny day or an overcast day. That's true of all colors, but there's just something about this color that makes the difference more stark.