• Official Conway Scenic Railroad Thread (CSRR) -2009

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by #7470

Or you could draw! This is for a project we are working on in my illustration class. We needed to draw a still life and this is mine so far. The quality of the scan is not too great. Maybe some advice would be great.

by Noel Weaver

#7470 wrote:Or you could draw! This is for a project we are working on in my illustration class. We needed to draw a still life and this is mine so far. The quality of the scan is not too great. Maybe some advice would be great.
Nice but I would add a little bit of smoke out of the stack, it goes with steam especially in these days.
Noel Weaver
  by 44 tonner

Wow, I wish I had that kind of time, to draw that well, (not saying I can't, just no time) That is really good, the only thing I see, it the tender, the top of it, wouldn't that be on the same line as the cab? The top of it, that line, wouldn't that be on the same angle as the cab? Or am I just looking at it wrong?
  by daylight4449

well, i have don some sketches of the north conway depot, but based on photographs, and they STUNK!
  by #7470

Yeah its not finished yet this is only two days of work. So now smoke or vegetation as of yet. And the tender looks messed up because there is a passenger car that still needs to be drawn and the passenger car is in front of the tender on the opposite track. You can vaguely see the outline of it.

Actually 44 tonner now I see what you're talking about. No the line on the tender is correct they all meet at a vanishing point
  by 44 tonner

I see, Well, not really, the light above me is to bright and hot to turn off, lol. But yeah, That's nice, for two days... :)
  by 44 tonner

You draw 7470, Well, as in your drawing #47, and I will make her, in HO... I know the seats are inaccurate, but I will get around to re-painting them Image
  by Otto Vondrak

Nice drawing! continue the conversation of suggestions via PM or email, please. Let's keep this thread for CSRR news and events. Just because there is nothing going on at the moment doesn't mean we have to invent stuff to talk about!
  by p42thedowneaster

Steam in the snow is this weekend...and it looks like 24 inches of snow could be on the way! :-D
Hope to see some Russell plow action! Heck, with that much snow they'll need the weight of 1943 to break through the Intervale snow drifts!
  by NHN503

I was all bummed that we would only have packed snow for the event and now they are calling for "snow measured in feet" for Friday.....And once again I have to work...! :(
  by Scooter

Ian MacMillan wrote:I was all bummed that we would only have packed snow for the event and now they are calling for "snow measured in feet" for Friday.....And once again I have to work...! :(
Ian, buddy, you don't sound so good... Are you sure you're not coming down with something? ;-)