• Cape Rail to purchase New Bedford/Fall River Secondaries

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by CSX Conductor

Teamdriver wrote:Thanx GP40MC1118 Perhaps you might know who brings the beer cars into Randoph (Burke Co. ) ? Thats if they still go in there. The tracks look pretty shabby in that industrial park. Would this be served by the same train as the paper waste recycle plant in Brockton and the tallow cars going into the old P&G plant in Quincy?
Same job. Local B729 (aka MI-3) services all of the customers on the MBCR's Middleboro Main Line between Middleboro & Braintree. The Boston Globe is serviced by a Readville local.
  by tomc

Just curious, who will be delivering the telephone poles and serving the industrial park in Taunton? I know B727 always did it, but on the Mass Coastal map it doesn't look like they have trackage rights that far.
  by GP40MC1118

Myles Standish Industrial Park north of Taunton should remain a CSX switch, since MC is showing no trackage rights
north of Weir Jct. I assume the small pocket yard at Weir stays a CSX switch too. As far as the one customer at
Cotely Jct (which is south of the junction on the New Bedford main), maybe MC gets that one.

d
  by lirrelectrician

Hello all,
I wonder if this is the start of "the beginning of the end' of CSX operations in Southeast, MA. Yes they are holding on to Braintree and Middleboro for now, but I wonder for how long? Plus they have all the variuos MBTA branches out of Readville and Mansfield to Framingham. Could this be the start of something or did CSX just want to get off thos branches?
Mike Scholz
LIRR Electrician/Car Mover
  by railman616

To put it simply from the meetings the suits had here before the the STB filings, don't buy any green bananas. CSX cannot get out of eastern Mass. fast enough. If the Mass Coastal or the P&W made an offer to CSX this morning would let them have it this afternoon tomorrow. CSX only wants run-thru trains to a terminal somewhere near Worcester and let somone else deliver the cars the last miles. Although it may take a few years to get it sold due to economic conditions of the short lines in eastern Mass.
  by CSX Conductor

most of this property has been on the "chopping block" for decades, but CSXT, and before them, Con-Rail, don't want to sell it in pieces. They wanna sell it "all-or nothing" style, but now that CSXT is willing to part-it out in sections, that's an even bigger red flag that they want out.
  by Noel Weaver

I have been told by somebody whom I trust for information that CSX wants to drop everything in Massachusetts east of
Worcester. I question Framingham but he specifically said Worcester.
It could get interesting in the not too far distant future.
Noel Weaver
  by CSX Engineer 98

Triker wrote:Has masscoastal taken over Fall River and New Bedford yet?

Yes they have as of 3rd week of June