• Official Mass Coastal Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by BayColony1706

Papabarn-
1061 ( the engine in question) was dragged out of her hiding spot a couple of years ago, and scrapped.
  by masscoastalfan

MAss coastal just redid their website. It is very interesting! there is a whole section showing the rebuilding of the cars for the Energy Train, but also, under the system map, the tracks from Taunton to Fall River and New Bedford are listed as "Mass Coastal Pending." If this deal comes to pass, I would expect Mass Coastal to be getting more engines. Most railroads don't almost double in size and keep the same number of engines!
  by MaineCoonCat

BayColony1706 wrote:Papabarn-
1061 ( the engine in question) was dragged out of her hiding spot a couple of years ago, and scrapped.
Thanks! It's that type of thing that sometimes get's me wondering what else might just be lying around "hiding in plain sight".
  by DaTowa

Thanks for all the updates! We appreciate your posts as it keeps us rail buffs up to date? How to I get a job there? Do you work there?
  by masscoastalfan

Nope I don't work there. I'm applying to Cape Cod Central though. Um, I guess if you want a job you can fill out mc's online application. It's on their website. Thanks for your intrest in what I have to say!!
  by DaTowa

does anyone know about the trains they are running north of the bridge today and tomorrow? Why do they have mass coastal engines on it?
  by masscoastalfan

They are chartered christmas trains. They are running from wareham to buzzards Bay and return. I don't know what time though. they are using MAss Coastal engines as none of the Cape Cod Central engines are operable right now. 1201 is dead and drained in the engine house in Hyannis, 1501 needs a traction motor, and 1502 hasnt run in years. Since Mass Coastal and Cape Cod Central are owned by the same company, they often share engines. MC 2006 ran Cape Cod Central's scenic train all this past summer while Cape Cod Central 1201 was a back up unit on MAss Coastal's freight operation in taunton. They run trains with what engines are operable, whether MC or CCCX.
  by frrc

With MassCoastal taking over former CSX lines, who will be responsible for track upkeep ?
  by DaTowa

I was runnig through there yesterday and saw that train in Wareham..its nice to see they are running beyond the summer. My friend sais they are working on getting a new traction motor and fixing that Cc Central Engine soon. Does anyone know when they are running more trains this year? It be nice if they did some type of polar express think like the others are doing.
  by DaTowa

The schedule isn't really that concrete it looks like..are they leaving the trains north of the bridge the whole time?
  by masscoastalfan

The runs north of the bridge are over after today. The train will return to Hyannis tonight or tomroow morning. To my knowledge, all of the rest of the trains this year appear on the schedual and i don't think any other trains will depart from buzzards bay the rest of the year. I know they still have some other christmas related train on cape but i dont think there are anymore off cape. Is there a Cape Cod Central discussion thread? I think this stuff would be more relavent there.
  by DaTowa

I saw the train going to hyannis this morning on my way to work. When are they running the energy trains now?
  by masscoastalfan

Um, it depends on the day. Monday wednesdays and Fridays the Yarmouth train runs with empties from Rochester to Yarmouth crossing the bridge at anywhere between 7 and 9am. Later in the day, around 1, a crew runs from Rochester to middleborough as needed. Then they will run down to Otis light and pick up loads. The return north at around 5pm. The loads from Yarmouth go north Monday through Saturday at anytime from 3-7pm. On Tuesday Thursday and Saturday, the Yarmouth train crosses the bridge between 7 and 9 and brings empties down to Otis the runs light to the bridge and brings the remaining cars to Yarmouth. It's a complicated schedual and often varies.