• Official Naugatuck Railroad thread (NAUG/RMNE)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by CannaScrews

NNR wrote:Any plans for engine 103 is the engine veiwable at the railroad?
It will eventually reside at the Thomaston Station area. Plans are the 103 will be at the north end of the "house track" where the CDOT F-units are now.

When? My guess most likely is in early spring, IF nothing else is pressing.

However, if there are a number of volunteers willing to cosmetically preserve and enhance the loco, I'm sure that the priority list can be jiggled around somewhat.

It would be nice to have steam in Thomaston.
  by edbac333

My wife is watching the movie"Revolutionary Road" as I type this.It caught my eye that the 529 and other RMNE passenger equipment was used in this film in scenes running on the Naugy line, passanger equipment at GCT, as well as a quick scene at Thomaston Station. Interesting to see......
  by H.F.Malone

Yes, it was a great experience for the RMNE folks to particicpate in making "Revolutionary Road". A lot of shots were not used, as expected, but it was nice to see 529 doing her thing. And seeing the four NAUG dark green coaches on Track 36 in GCT was a real trip.

The following year, the same director, Sam Mendes, was back in Thomaston for shooting on-board scenes for another film, "On Our Way". 1950s era "modern" equipment from Morristown & Erie was used for those scenes.

A number of TV and film shoots have been done at NAUG over the years. One very good production was the "Trains Unlimited" series episode "Caboose", which featured lots of footage, in and out, of CV wood caboose 4014 on a vintage "freight"--- shot in 1997. Wonder if that's out on DVD?
  by CVRA7

Today I heard that we'll have the NH 529 out for another test run on Saturday, tentatively on the passenger trains. Grab your raincoat and camera...
Also this weekend we'll be preparing for our November Work Weekend (a/k/a the Track Blitz) - we have to get those 100 ties ready for Louis the Hammer's Spike-a-Thon.
See http://naugy.blogspot.com/2009/10/rmne-spike-thon.html for details!
  by CVRA7

I'm pleased to report the the NH 529 ran just fine today and should be on the scheduled trains on Sunday 25 Oct.
  by trolleyop

CVRA7 wrote:I'm pleased to report the the NH 529 ran just fine today and should be on the scheduled trains on Sunday 25 Oct.
Now that's a good thing, especially as we get to the holidays. It just wouldn't be the same without Santa on the front of the engine for the run-arounds.
  by Stag Hound

Well, if I were a betting man I would say the 2203 would be online for the Christmas trains but then again, I always did pick the wrong horse (iron that is).
  by CannaScrews

Stag Hound wrote:Well, if I were a betting man I would say the 2203 would be online for the Christmas trains but then again, I always did pick the wrong horse (iron that is).
Just stick to the sulkies & not the horses, you'll do much better.....
  by Otto Vondrak

NNR wrote:How does one go about volunteering
Show up on a regular basis! :-)

http://rmne.org/volunteer.htm
where is the shop?
Located off Waterbury Road, south of Reynolds Bridge.

-otto-