• The Freehold Secondary Mystery

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by southern sec. kid

passed builders general yesterday, 3 centerbeams in builders empty and a boxcar on the beat up track, (not sure if thats the team track or not)
  by Kaback9

Yes thats the team track.
  by southern sec. kid

ok
  by GSC

I thought I saw two centerbeams at BG, along with the brick car out front.
  by southern sec. kid

GSC wrote:I thought I saw two centerbeams at BG, along with the brick car out front.
mabe it was two then i can't remember and where the brick car is that is what i was referring to as the beat up track
  by Eric Mezzo

When was the last time something unusual other than brick boxcars were delivered on the team track just out of curiosity? I remember reading back in the post that there was once a flat car with a generator of some sort delivered via the team track.
  by CJPat

Although I can't answer the "When was the last time...?" question, I can say that JCP&L used to receive to receive transformers once in a great while on the team track.
  by Kaback9

This past Summer Phone Poles came in on a Bulk head flat. I put the photograph up a few pages back. I'll repost it or find the post when I have some time.
  by GSC

southern sec. kid wrote:
GSC wrote:I thought I saw two centerbeams at BG, along with the brick car out front.
mabe it was two then i can't remember and where the brick car is that is what i was referring to as the beat up track
The "Brick Car" is one of two boxcars that visit, with that cool urban artwork on the sides, on the team track. You just have to check out the tri-axle boom truck that comes to unload bricks from the car. The lettering on the doors of this truck is incredibly bad, we've joked about it in the thread a few times. Watching the guy unload the bricks with a forklift, from the boxcar to the truck bed, is an OSHA nightmare. He'll drive that lift off the side of that truck yet!
  by painterman

Last summer I saw a car full of poles being unloaded at the east end of Brown's Yard - between the hot dog truck parking lot and the grade crossing a few hundred feet east - where that old concrete booth is.

I've seen the box cars on the team track in Freehold - but I've never seen that guy unload them. Sounds like I'll have to keep an eye out for that.
  by Blackseal Jim

About 7 years ago I remember that they took down the fence thats at the end of the team track , built a ramp of some sort to off load something from a flat. Thats the last non boxcar I can remember there. The boxcar there now has been there for at least two months. Gary, I think his truck finally bit the dust! . I remember, in 1988 , Conrail delivered two huge transformers . These were spotted on the FIT just east of Monmouth Ave crossing and unloaded there. Train came through last night. CSX 4119 ran back through town light . This loco, thank god , had a sweet sounding Nat 5 chime!
Jim H
  by Blackseal Jim

My short memory is shot !!Thanks Brandon!
Jim H
  by Kaback9

No problem Jim, I thought that car was worth a photo, really wanted to see a box car on there at the same time probably would have made the siding sink further into the ground.
  by Blackseal Jim

Dont laugh. I was working at Gibson Mech . a while back and I saw a Conrail crane truck of some sort re-railing the rear truck of a boxcar on the team track . I think the last time that saw maint. was during the Pennsy days!
Jim H