• Silver Lake Railroad

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Railcar

Good Morning all. I would hope that the CSRR replies will cease. This is a thread about SLRR. I've spent a total of 2 days on the CSRR and that was helping with Thomas. Everything I have seen was done well. I think from the top down it is a well run bussiness. SLRR is a fun, small, recreational railroad. Pretty cool. I've been there a couple of times and I've know Bruce for several years and met Neil a few years ago. Their heart is in the right place from my weary eyes. There seems to be comments on this thread that have strong negative undercurrants and are baiting some folks for replies they know will be forthcoming. A couple of folks seem to be leading others to air their dirty laundry. It also seems that the ID's of some folks are in question as they may have been known under a differant online name in the past. I hope I'm wrong but the way negitive remarks about CSRR have a certain trademark to them. If you want to make a comment about CSRR take it to that thread. I will ask the moderator to please police this thread to ensure it stays on topic.
  by Otto Vondrak

"This is why we can't have nice things."

Back to the Silver Lake Railroad, please.

-otto-
  by SilverLakeRailroad

Back to face-book.. any comments ideas.. Please freins "silver lake railroad" on FB..
TKS--- WILL
  by NHN503

Ok, this is not the place to pad our Facebook pages, so lets try to remain on topic. Its been posted once, so lets not try to keep bumping it.

Oh, and hi John.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

next saturday is SLRR's putt putt day.. Joint meeting between the B&M historical society and Cotton Valley R/T Club.. Come on down and enjoy the days festivities... Departure times are 12, 1, 2, 3... Madison old home weekend went swell with 4 full loads.. Lets pray for good weather next saturday!!!
  by SilverLakeRailroad

last weekend was terrific, and everyone had a great time! Thanks to CVRTC and B&MRRHS.... we hope to do this event next year, and cotton valley may possibly come back to SLRR in the fall!
  by SilverLakeRailroad

SLRR is open until the end of labor day weekend.. come down and enjoy us while we are open!!!!
  by SilverLakeRailroad

hey everybody, I along with the volunteers of the slrr would like to thank everyone who came to ride the train this summer.. It is because of all our riders,that we keep going strong.. Due to weather we had a much shortned season, and as I would assume less riders... Thanks to all who have come, and all riders who keep comeing... Slrr is now closed for the summer season, but we will open for foliage runs shortly. In the next few weeks, we will begin foliage operations, and of corse we have the Halloween train comeing up.. I will try to keep news and updates updated here, and the site is http://www.freewebs.com/slrr1/ I will keep that updated very well also... If there are any questions, we can try to answer it here, or you can e-mail slrr at [email protected] ! Thanks again for the great season!!!

---will
  by b&m 1566

Any plans for a Christmas special? I know Santa could probably draw some locals for a weekend event or two; just an idea. Understandably the track would have to have little to know snow coverage on it.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

I like that idea, but we have open air cars, and that probably doesn't equal a good combination... Haha.. So no plans at this time... Ps the slrr owner is in Florida all winter, so that creates a problem also..

Will
  by SilverLakeRailroad

were working on getting the dinner open for next year! should open next july 3rd 2010!.. Foliage starts soon, and if I knew when we start id tell ya.. id say that if it is not this weekend, it'll be next weekend.. I'll most likely hear by tomorrow.
  by Mattydred

This may be the longest thread about the shortest scenic line in New Hampshire. I haven't visited the forum in a few months, and it was an entertaining if not confusing read.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

The SLRR site keeps getting better and better.. It now shows up on the main search engines.. Just look for Silver Lake Railroad Home... Who ever said you need a domain Name? lol.. SLRR should open for foliage next weekend.. waiting to confirm that
  by Otto Vondrak

slrr1 wrote: Who ever said you need a domain Name?
I did. You can register a domain name for about $10... it's worth the investment to not have "freewebs" or whatever in your address.
  by SilverLakeRailroad

well were work-in on that :), but its good for now :)