Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Train2009

Can you let me know as soon as this work as been done so that I can try to see the move at the White Plains Station.
  by FL9AC

Unless anyone in the paintshop posts on this forum, you'll have to sit at the station and watch. There's no set time/date when it will be released and/or when they will move it out of NWP.
  by Jeff Smith

DutchRailnut wrote:yup they would not let them down Mamaroneck Avenue.
sorry could not resist, there is no other way other than Beacon brach, which is still out of service.
Not to mention way out of the way and beyond electric zone with how many reverse moves required?
  by RearOfSignal

Train2009 wrote:Can you let me know as soon as this work as been done so that I can try to see the move at the White Plains Station.
Really nothing special about that move. It's moved under its own power not towed by a locomotive. It happens every once in a while whe they bring New Haven stuff to get painted. Something like an Arch street move might be more interesting to see.
  by elec tech

Considering that there is only one guy in the paint shop now, your not going to see a quick turn around.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

RearOfSignal wrote:
Train2009 wrote:Can you let me know as soon as this work as been done so that I can try to see the move at the White Plains Station.
Really nothing special about that move. It's moved under its own power not towed by a locomotive. It happens every once in a while whe they bring New Haven stuff to get painted. Something like an Arch street move might be more interesting to see.
The only way you will see the Arch Street move is if you are out and about late on the NH between CP 223 and CP 216 on late Wednesday nights.
  by Train2009

This morning at the Tarrytown Train Station I heard a worker said "Deadhead coming" and it was the New Haven line Mus equipment running southbound on the Hudson line from Croton-Harmon at 10:57 AM with 4 cars. Now I been seeing the New Haven line Mus on the Harlem line outside the Paint Shop in North White Plains last year, early this the year at the Harmon Shop and it was my first time seeing the New Haven line mus in action on the Hudson today :-D .

Video of the cool catch of the day on the Hudson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGDW9QA-Kc8
Last edited by Train2009 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by RearOfSignal

They were up in the north end of Harmon yard for a while, probably for the wheel true. BTW, this is my first time replying to your post.