• Bel-Del Discussion Thread - 2009

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Jeanne GG1

Happy Face in the Sun! And the Lehigh and Hudson RR bridge in the distance.
  by tracker

Ken & GG1. Thanks for posting pictures of the Thomas event. I'm working it. I'll save your pix, they're great.
  by NYS&W142Fan

Ken and GG1, Very nice pictures, thank you for sharing. I was working the event as well today. Yes there was a lot of work that went into this and it couldn't take place with out all the volunteers. With out them it couldn't be done!
  by wolfboy8171981

Oh man even Jeanne GG1 has a picture of herself before PVRX1.....Damn.
  by blockline4180

Nice pictures!

Glad to hear the turnout was great...Good for them! :-D
  by 142locoman

As always, I believe that our crews are some of the most safety conscious and professional you will ever find. The July 4th weekend hosting the "Day Out With Thomas" event proved to be successful and was pulled off very professionally. This weekend will mark the second weekend with this special event. I am sure that with the way this railroad and society conducts themselves, that this event will prove to be safe, successful, and professional once again!

Hats off and a round of applause for everyone involved!

Greg
142locoman :-D
  by Jeanne GG1

"And the final day of the extravaganza" --- What a caption, what a photo!
  by JLo

Looks like it went great. Congrats to all. I'm sorry my son got to old to enjoy Thomas!
  by NYS&W142Fan

To the fans that came out and took pictures of our Day Out With Thomas, the ones I have seen posted look great, you did a heck of a job. Thank you for sharing!
Now that the Fun of a Day Out with Thomas is over, we need to get back to the regular business. Brush needs to get cut and general maintenance of the ROW and equipment is in order. For those of you out there who have not yet stopped down, come on down. For anyone who are thinking about or would like to become a volunteer, just let us know and we can get you started. There is a lot of opportunities for anyone who wants to get involved. A hour or a day, it's up to you.
  by NYS&W142Fan

Well Folks, the Corn Maze trains are running and we have a different Railroad themed Maze this year. In addition the "Ol Susquehanna" Mine is open as well. Bring your Picnic baskets, your cameras and spend the day. There are some real good photo ops at the Mine and Maze stop. The 142 puts on a nice show going past.
  by dlagrua

I've been on the section of this line before where it goes along the Delaware river. There is another section North that is abandoned . It started where it paralleled Rt 46 near Butzville and headed east-west but I'm not sure that this was part of this line. The line I am talking about probably was abandoned in the 1980's but was it part of the Bel Del line?