• Atlas HH660 in HO!

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by hh660

Good morning. I just checked out a site that showed some of the new stuff at the nmra show in California. Atlas is going to make a hh660! Which in turn, makes my day! I've been hoping for one of these for some time.
Other interesting photos of new stuff too.
My questions are: did anyone here go to the show? What were your thoughts?
Also, has anyone seen a review of the Atlas hh660? I.E. trade mags or rr mags? i'm pretty pleased with my other Atlas stuff, just wondering if this was as accurate a representation of the prototype. The photos show it as very well detailed I'm just a bit concerned that it is on a s-1 frame, (which would make it too long). I'm sure this info will be posted somewhere...
S
  by umtrr-author

Atlas has its own forum and their products are pretty heavily discussed there, as you might expect.
  by westr

The Atlas HH600/660 was only recently announced. I first saw it in the Atlas email about a month ago. Estimated delivery is October, so I doubt you'll see any reviews until then. The announcement, with photos of the pre-production model and initial road names is here: http://www.atlasrr.com/HOLoco/hohh600.htm. I would expect that Atlas did what they had to do to get all the major dimensions right; they have a pretty good reputation for accuracy.
  by hh660

Thanks for the tips, guys. I dd check out the sites. Not too much additional technical info there. I'll have to wait until one of the mags gets the chance to do a product review.
s
  by GOLDEN-ARM

I'm gonna snag one, just to see how it compares to Joe Loflands models, that I got a while back. Should be a good runner. It would make sense that it's running on the S-1 drive, and frame, (modified slightly ?) so there shouldn't be any big suprises there. A DCC sound version would be a nice unit for comparison. Atlas has some decent stuff. :-D
  by stilson4283

Went to the show. They looked quite nice in person. I will be getting one myself.

Chris
  by GOLDEN-ARM

Well, this is seeming to take forever. Anyone heard anything yet? I'm still wanting one, for comparison with the JJL unit. :(
  by CNJ999

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:Well, this is seeming to take forever. Anyone heard anything yet? I'm still wanting one, for comparison with the JJL unit. :(
The model has been available in hobby shops and through mail order for several weeks now (I've had mine since toward the end of February). A very nice model, in my opinion.

CNJ999
  by trainwayne1

Check on Ebay under HO trains-Erie. There's one up for auction now.
  by GOLDEN-ARM

Well, thanks guys........ :-D