• 2nd Track between CP-Potter and CP-Bound Brook coming soon

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by David

Nice pictures, Marc--Great day for it :-D

by Zeke

Hey kid what is that green light on top of that pole ? I work for NJT and I never seen one of those on Conrail.........just kiddin Wolfie ! !

by Sirsonic

Zeke wrote:Hey kid what is that green light on top of that pole ? I work for NJT and I never seen one of those on Conrail.........just kiddin Wolfie ! !
-For NS it means proceed at not less than 5 mph below the speed limit (big brother is watching!)
-For CSX it means go for it before the light changes...

by njt5140

Zeke wrote:Hey kid what is that green light on top of that pole ? I work for NJT and I never seen one of those on Conrail.........just kiddin Wolfie ! !
It's an endangered species called a Clear, you don't see em too often in these parts!(BTW the next signal at Goodmans was an Approach!)

by njt5140

Sirsonic wrote: -For NS it means proceed at not less than 5 mph below the speed limit (big brother is watching!)
You're gotta break that one down a little more:
Jersey Crews: Proceed AT the normal speed

Hammies/Coneheads: Proceed 5 miles BELOW the speed limit! :-D

by The Rising

Hello all,

Just wanted to thank NJT 5446 for the great pictures of the "new" CP Potter.

Just one um...."minor" :wink: :-D thing I noticed.

The photo was taken from an NS train.

The NS train has a clear signal. (Something a certain NJT engineer will likely NEVER see again if he doesn't knock off the crying about never getting a good railroad from a Conrail dispatcher.!!!! :wink: )

The NS train is less than 1/4 mile from the grade crossing.

I assume the NS train is on the move.

Question: Why are the grade crossing signals not working and the gates down?

Just an observation...... :-D ( NS's new banner test ????..... live cars in the middle of the crossing!! .....lol.... :wink: )

That's all for now folks....

See ya all later.....

by wolfboy8171981

Dont whine or you will never get another 56 minute trip from Port Reading to Croxton, I dont care if you on a OCS train, you will inspect all the crossovers in North Jersey. :wink:

Inman Ave is no longer tied into CP-Potter. The crossing is set up with motion dectors, and complies with the 20 sec rule.

by The Rising

Hello all,

Hello Wolf,

Just a quick question for Wolf....

Is that new avatar that you put up the actual dispatch screen you have in front of you for CP Bound Brook?

Just curious, that was all...... :wink:

Anyway, That's all for now folks...

See ya all later....

by wolfboy8171981

The Rising wrote:Hello all,

Hello Wolf,

Is that new avatar that you put up the actual dispatch screen you have in front of you for CP Bound Brook?

See ya all later....
yes it is, its the local screen not the big board

by Off Pending

wolfboy8171981 wrote: yes it is, its the local screen not the big board
Hey ... where's the text on the screen that reads "HOLD 25Z HERE?"

Oh ... wait ... that's not a diagram of Port Newark ... :-)

by nick11a

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
The Rising wrote:Hello all,

Hello Wolf,

See ya all later....
yes it is, its the local screen not the big board
Oh shoot! And all this time I thought it was his "Light Bright" that he has on his desk at work.

by gp80mac

njt5140 wrote:
Hammies/Coneheads: Proceed 5 miles BELOW the speed limit! :-D
Come on now, it is 5 for the hammies and 15 for the coneheads! (I think it is in the TTSI somewhere...)

by Otto Vondrak

All right, let's try to stick to the topic please...

by njt5140

Otto Vondrak wrote:All right, let's try to stick to the topic please...
Dude, friggin RELAX already!! We're only makin casual jokes!

Speaking of speeds, I find it hilarious that after all is said and done supposedly the siding at Bound Brook is supposed to remain 30 mph! Sounds kinda "Duh" to me!

by CAR_FLOATER

[quote="Otto Vondrak"]All right, let's try to stick to the topic please...[/quote]

Jawoll mein herr!

Really NJT5140, I couldn't agree more, but beware of the Rafastapo, aka the Railfan Staatspolizei, (as opposed to the dreaded Gestapo), when you jest in forum land, as they are lurking around every cyberspace corner waiting to nab you for not being serious enough...Granted, the former hasn't had anyone put to death (yet, or at least that we know of), but they sure love to goosestep their way around here.

***REQUIRED SECOND TRACK, NEW JERSEY FORUM CONTENT*** -

My main concern with the adition of a second track is, that I have been told stories by an ex-LV signal maintainer friend of mine of the dreaded "saw one train pass, the car raced accross the grade crossing only to end up getting whacked by a train on the other track that he didn't see" type in the S. Plainfield/Piscataway area.
I know that grade crossing techology has improved since the 70's, but local traffic has grown even more, and I don't see any of these modern double barrier grade crossings installed anywhere along the route, especially on Inman Ave where they really need it.
I just hope we don't see a rash of deaths when the trains start rolling on two tracks as I described above.

CF