• Jimmy Wilson and possible use of the U-34CH

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by blockline4180

Wow, what the hell did I start??? With a bunch of know-it-all railroad employees playing games and having everyone second guess doesn't make matters any better! Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if Flame War III breaks out in this thread!!

I don't know why NJRAIL1256 is accusing wpdj61 for "NOT KNOWING ANYTHING" He works for the railroad like you do and probably knows just as much if not more then you and me combined!!

by cjvrr

northjerseybuff wrote:The question is where is this trip going to take place? Port Jervis west to Callicoon? ......
Trips west of Port Jervis would require the restrictive insurance limits of NS and CSX. Not saying it couldn't happen, but the stars would need to align to make it happen.

by Otto Vondrak

NJRAIL1256- So far I haven't seen you add anything of worth to this conversation. We appreciate that you work for the railroad and take the time to post here, but so far, you've only managed to stir the pot. I have visited the NYGL several times, met many of the employees (including Mr. Wilson), and have had nothing but positive experiences. You tell us all we know nothing, so far, I haven't seen anything that proves that you do.

Gentlemen: The topic at hand is the U34CH. Want to talk about something else? Please start a new thread.

-otto-

by Uzi-Cat

wpdj61: Trust me! You DON'T know anything!
I do know enough to know when somebody is not to be taken seriously!

I do know enough to know when people are laughing AT me and not WITH me.

I do know that whatever the NY&GL decides to do as far as operations and equipment, it is better than having no trains to look at at all. Some people on this forum love to hide in their little glass houses. You know what happens to glass houses.

I have been wanting to see the U34 running again for years. I remember a long time ago running it as a small kid. It probably wasn't always fun to work with as a railroader, but as a kid of railroaders, it was a hell of a lot of fun. Things like that are why I work for the railroad now. Yeah, E8's would be nice too.

by Steve F45

Hmm, if jimmy wilson is hte guy with the cowboy hat i wonder if i ride over there on a horse if he'll tell me what he has planned.

and back to topic, seeing that u34ch go down monroe street would be a sight.

by washingtonsecondary

blockline4180 wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if Flame War III breaks out in this thread!!
Ok, you totally stole that from me in that PM I sent you last night. Credit where Credit is due... /heads out of the war zone.

by blockline4180

2005Vdub wrote:Hmm, if jimmy wilson is hte guy with the cowboy hat i wonder if i ride over there on a horse if he'll tell me what he has planned.

#1 The Guy with the Cowboy hat is NOT Jimmy Wilson. I think he just works for him and probably posts messages in this forum!

#2 I met Jimmy Wilson several times! He is a business man who goes to work in business attire and I never saw him wear a cowboy hat!

#3 I guess you missed when they towed the U-boat down Monroe Street. The only way you will see it get towed down the street again is if it leaves property!

by Steve F45

blockline4180 wrote:
2005Vdub wrote:Hmm, if jimmy wilson is hte guy with the cowboy hat i wonder if i ride over there on a horse if he'll tell me what he has planned.

#1 The Guy with the Cowboy hat is NOT Jimmy Wilson. I think he just works for him and probably posts messages in this forum!

#2 I met Jimmy Wilson several times! He is a business man who goes to work in business attire and I never saw him wear a cowboy hat!

#3 I guess you missed when they towed the U-boat down Monroe Street. The only way you will see it get towed down the street again is if it leaves property!
i know that guy isn't jimmy wilson, i was just having some fun. And I never even knew about the uboat beeing with the nygl till this time last year when i first drove over to dundee.

by The Rising

A poster wrote:

Quote: "#1 The Guy with the Cowboy hat is NOT Jimmy Wilson. I think he just works for him and probably posts messages in this forum!"

Quote: "#2 I met Jimmy Wilson several times! He is a business man who goes to work in business attire and I never saw him wear a cowboy hat!"

Hello all,

Yes, Jim Wilson does not own a cowboy hat.

But...........

As to #2, many people at NJT keep telling of a story about Mr. Wilson and a bunny suit. And the last time I spoke to Mr. Wilson, he never denied the story when I asked him about it! :-D :wink:

That's all for now folks......

See ya all later......

by northjerseybuff

I found out that Jimmy Wilson owns a house near Callicoon NY. I am hearing the plan is to run dinner trains from Port Jervis to Callicoon. Apparently there is also something in the works for the line to Honesdale?
This might be run under the NYGL crews. I asked what about the insurance issue and was told NYS is different then NJ when it comes to excursions..look for more as we head towards summer.

by blockline4180

northjerseybuff wrote:I found out that Jimmy Wilson owns a house near Callicoon NY. I am hearing the plan is to run dinner trains from Port Jervis to Callicoon. Apparently there is also something in the works for the line to Honesdale?
This might be run under the NYGL crews. I asked what about the insurance issue and was told NYS is different then NJ when it comes to excursions..look for more as we head towards summer.

That is what I was thinking a few weeks back! Thanks for the update! I gotta meet up with him one of these days!

With Regards to the Line to Honesdale,PA, I would expect NY&GL to serve a new freight customer on the Branch near Hawley!

Man I gotta move out of this stupid state :(

by DutchRailnut

With the sale of Southern tier from Port Jervise to ?? Binghampton the contract states that no passenger service is allowed. so is this section of track part of this ???

by northjerseybuff

no passenger service..but a tourism train is not passenger service. I think what they meant is..no daily revenue trains connecting people from point a and point b

by DutchRailnut

No the wording is no passenger carrying trains.
so no dinning trains or excursions either.

by blockline4180

DutchRailnut wrote:No the wording is no passenger carrying trains.
so no dinning trains or excursions either.

Yess.! Leave it to our good buddy DutchRailnut to pour cold water on the flaming fire! :P