• Jimmy Wilson and possible use of the U-34CH

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by blockline4180

I noticed a few people asking if Jimmy Wilson has any plans of using the U-34CH with the Erie E8 he just bought in the other thread. Otto, told me to create a seperate thread for U-34CH discussion and topics so I'm sure all comments would be more then welcome in here!

Now, it would probably be nicer to use the Erie E8 with his GP7 for whatever passenger or dinner trains he has proposed, but perhaps the U-34Ch could be used as back power if the need arises!

However, all these questions need to be answered and adressed if the engine is going to be used!

Does the HEP still work on this engine??

Where the brakes replaced?

Have the wheels been turned?

What is the condition of the traction motor??

by Steamtown Observer

I noticed a few people asking if Jimmy Wilson has any plans of using the U-34CH with the Erie E8 he just bought in the other thread.
A better question would be to ask what locomotive would go best with a SINGLE E-8? Once you answer that then you will know what the plan is.

by blockline4180

Steamtown Observer wrote:
I noticed a few people asking if Jimmy Wilson has any plans of using the U-34CH with the Erie E8 he just bought in the other thread.
A better question would be to ask what locomotive would go best with a SINGLE E-8? Once you answer that then you will know what the plan is.
Uhhh, another E8????? I like how you have me reverting back to talking about the other topic!

by cjvrr

Just place one engine on each end of the consist and run "pull - pull" style for trips. Precludes the use of an ob's car but get the job done.

by northjerseybuff

The question is where is this trip going to take place? Port Jervis west to Callicoon? or Scranton east to East Stroudsburg?

by Uzi-Cat

The question is where is this trip going to take place?
Oh, I know, the lower east end of the Boonton Line! Dodging bullets through the north end of Branch Brook park makes any meal taste better.

by Steve F45

If the erie e8 is going to be repainted in original erie colors, i wonder if he'll re-repaint the u34ch back to original blue/svr/red trim EL colors. Similar to what he did with it now, but alot nicer.

by NJRAIL1256

Keep dreaming. All of you have no clue whats going on. :P

by Uzi-Cat

Keep dreaming. All of you have no clue whats going on.
I get all my news from here. I know exactly what is going on.

by northjerseybuff

Well, enough guessing. After work today I plan to drive to Passaic and ask Jimmy Wilson personally. He is always out and about by his railroad operations. They have quite a garbage transfer station there. I was there a few weeks ago and saw him. He normally wears a cowboy hat and is easily spotted. I will get the info since people here are playing games

by NJRAIL1256

The guy in the cowboy hat is not Jimmy Wilson. DO NOT come on the property! It is very busy and dangerous. You'll be asked to leave.

wpdj61: Trust me! You DON'T know anything!

by northjerseybuff

Shows how much you know. I already met him and was invited for a cab ride. not only do they welcome railfans they are friendly.

by NJRAIL1256

Well buff, maybe YOUR right. I don't anything. I'm just a dumb ass employee that happens to work there.

by DutchRailnut

Now you got me confused you work for NJT or Jimmy Wilson ?

by Sir Ray

And once again on rr.net we end up like Dire Straits' 'Industrial Disease': "Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong" :P