Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by CSS&SB702

So it's NOT going to the NYC museum in Elkhart then????? I'm confused!

by MikeF

CSS&SB702 wrote:So it's NOT going to the NYC museum in Elkhart then????? I'm confused!
That is correct. What's there to be confused about? It's going to be restored in Michigan City, then it will go to South Bend. At least, that's the latest plan from the foundation that owns it.

by CSS&SB702

The last I heard was that it was going to the museum in Elkhart. Where is it going to be kept when operational?

by MikeF

CSS&SB702 wrote:The last I heard was that it was going to the museum in Elkhart. Where is it going to be kept when operational?
South Bend

I'm not part of the foundation that owns the line car, but I have spoken with members of that foundation when I've been watching the moves in Michigan City. No one has said anything about the car going to Elkhart. I know that was a plan a while back, but I don't think it's happening anymore. The reel car is already in South Bend. When the line car's restoration is complete, it will join the reel car there.