• Plymouth & Lincoln Railroad (HOBO, Winnipesaukee Scenic)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Who

I have question about the passenger station that was in Lincoln, I know the station stood in what is now the parking lot of the "Lincoln Center North" shopping plaza and as I understand it only the track and associated railroad structures owned by the mill were removed, stopping at the property line to the B&M railroad behind Linwood Plaza. So, was the station and track nearest the station property of the mill?
  by BandA

Looks like 70-80 miles round trip. 8.5 hours including whatever stop off. So 15mph? Implies >$1.36/mile, which seems reasonable for a custom charter trip.
  by BowdoinStation

It's a great experience, same ride the MBRE chartered in 2022. Much of it is rare mileage from north of the Common Man Inn, in Plymouth to the Jack-O-Lantern on the Woodstock / Thornton line. Overall there is lots of scenery, quite a few bridges to cross over.. The 2022 edition had 3 non-powered Budd RDC's.. former B&M 6105, 6921, and former Reading 9151, and the former CN, B&A Pullman Car #103.. That's the one with the Presidential Class seating with the ice cold AC!
  by ConwayScenic252

The pullman car is getting renovated, so that will look interesting with the consist. It also looks like they're selling less tickets so it could just be two rdcs as have been in previous years before the lochmere trip