• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

All of the crossings worked fine on Tuesday.

I do remember hearing NJT being opposed because they want to be the sole commuter train operator in this part of the state or something stupid like that. Not sure why it matters since they were probably gonna offload at Red Bank anyway.

If NJT won't let em have the Southern, could they perhaps do light rail from Lakewood to South Amboy? Get off there and take NJT or the ferry to NY once they get their ferry going?

Forgot to mention the aforementioned company was gonna take the freight over too, so Lakewood wouldn't have to rely on trucks as much which is also something I hear they are tired of. HINT HINT
  by AceMacSD

dovid1600 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:43 am As per LNN news in Lakewood the township suggested to Conrail to add a passenger line in Lakewood, the idea was rejected. https://lnnnews.com/traffic-solutions-l ... authority/
Conrail doesn't operate passenger service. Jersey transit is the state's operator for passenger service. The line's owned by transit. They'd have final say not CR.
  by Bracdude181

They have in the past but they wanted nothing to do with it. Reminds me of an incident that took place in Middletown in the late 70s. Conrail was running the Coast Line at that time. Train didn't stop at one of the stations so when they stopped at Middletown all of the passengers got out and sat down on the tracks in front of the train and demanded to be taken back to the skipped station. There's a picture in a book of it somewhere, but I don't remember it's name.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by NY&LB

I believe that happened in Red Bank, not Middletown.

And, to be technically correct, which is important, the commuter service was "operated by Conrail under contract with the Department of Transportation State of New Jersey" and "operated by Conrail under contract for NJ Transit" depending on date.
  by GSC

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:59 pm They have in the past but they wanted nothing to do with it. Reminds me of an incident that took place in Middletown in the late 70s. Conrail was running the Coast Line at that time. Train didn't stop at one of the stations so when they stopped at Middletown all of the passengers got out and sat down on the tracks in front of the train and demanded to be taken back to the skipped station. There's a picture in a book of it somewhere, but I don't remember it's name.

Don Wood's "The Unique New York & Long Branch" book has that picture. Great book if you can find one today.
  by NY&LB

Don Wood's "The Unique New York & Long Branch" book has that picture. Great book if you can find one today.
Page 189, Feb 8, 1978, the train failed to make a scheduled stop at Middletown and the irate commuters blocked the train in Red Bank for 25 min. until they were transported back to Middletown via a chartered Boro bus and police cars from Middletown and Red Bank!
  by Bracdude181

Ah OK. I had the stops confused. Might have to pickup a copy sometime.

by CNJLVLNE

To the person who claims to work for the C&D, what is your position? And if you are an employee, you're in violation NORAC rule L-2. And you're subject to discipline. And just to remind everyone, C&D management frequents both Facebook and Railroad.net and that is why no trespassing signs are going up.
  by RFRailFan

SA-31 CSX 4432 9 cars (8 Centerbeams, 1 Box) MP 5.1 at 3:58pm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by OportRailfan

CNJLVLNE wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:08 pm To the person who claims to work for the C&D, what is your position? And if you are an employee, you're in violation NORAC rule L-2. And you're subject to discipline. And just to remind everyone, C&D management frequents both Facebook and Railroad.net and that is why no trespassing signs are going up.
Didn't know we were in the business of blowing employees in. Ya wonder why no employees frequent this website like they used to...

Go work for the FRA if you wanna enforce rulebooks. Sheesh.
  by Bracdude181

Has anyone heard anything on RB-1? Tracks in lakewood are rusty and it doesn't look like a train or hi rail vehicle has been through lately...

by David

CNJLVLNE wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:08 pm To the person who claims to work for the C&D, what is your position? And if you are an employee, you're in violation NORAC rule L-2. And you're subject to discipline. And just to remind everyone, C&D management frequents both Facebook and Railroad.net and that is why no trespassing signs are going up.
Who are you??
  by WashingtonPark

OportRailfan wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:59 am
Didn't know we were in the business of blowing employees in. Ya wonder why no employees frequent this website like they used to...

Go work for the FRA if you wanna enforce rulebooks. Sheesh.
Section L "The divulging of the Company’s business affairs to persons other than those
authorized to receive such information is prohibited." When I worked for the railroad I was told by the authorities this specifically referred to things such as contracts that were being put up for bid, what the bids were, what kind of payments were being made to suppliers, what kind of financial deals were being made with other companies, etc. I hardly think telling some one what track was being worked on next or when it might be finished would compromise any company business affairs as this stuff is all readily accessible to the public as opposed to contracts that would be kept private for financial reasons. This just sounds like a guy holding a grudge who thinks talking tough will scare somebody.