• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CharlieL

Apparently the bridge at Wemrock Road is back in service. I saw one comment that it happens fairly frequently, and driving under it several times a week, I can believe that.
  by BattleshipNJ

Perhaps D&RR might consider installing one of those sacrificial protective beams/girders that guard low bridges against vehicle strikes there at some point? If it really happens that often, paying for a couple of steel beams and a reinforced concrete foundation might end up being cheaper over time than having to reseat/repair/inspect/etc the bridge as needed whenever someone tries to drive a large vehicle underneath it.
Just a thought, as I'm not actually aware of how much those cost vs. reseating and inspecting a bridge.
  by AWSmith

There is already a sacrificial steel beam on the Englishtown road side of that bridge

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

They had 2 for Woodhaven. Will be leaving Woodhaven shortly.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

South at DCS LAKEWOOD with 3 for Woodhaven at 11:06 am. 1888 leading with 752 behind it

by Bracdude181

According to one of the Facebook groups, there's a crane in Jamesburg for the bridge work.

Detours starting next week?
  by Bracdude181

They had two for Woodhaven and will be going back nose to nose with the 1888 leading.

by RFRailFan

Freehold Sec FB has #752 back in the Red Bank yard. Does this mean we see SA-31 on the Coast Line starting Monday/Tuesday?
  by AceMacSD

CharlieL wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:48 am Apparently the bridge at Wemrock Road is back in service. I saw one comment that it happens fairly frequently, and driving under it several times a week, I can believe that.
It does happen alot like someone else said. Getting a grant to rework the bridge but there's a historical preservation issue. Most likely you'll see this bridge rebuilt long before any work past Lakewood's done.
  by AceMacSD

RFRailFan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:47 pm Freehold Sec FB has #752 back in the Red Bank yard. Does this mean we see SA-31 on the Coast Line starting Monday/Tuesday?
We were supposed to start using NJT's southern yard this week but there’s a hiccup. Maybe next week. 31's time was supposed to be changed to get to church by noon. Runs were set to be M/W/T only.
  by RFRailFan

AceMacSD wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:25 pm
RFRailFan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:47 pm Freehold Sec FB has #752 back in the Red Bank yard. Does this mean we see SA-31 on the Coast Line starting Monday/Tuesday?
We were supposed to start using NJT's southern yard this week but there’s a hiccup. Maybe next week. 31's time was supposed to be changed to get to church by noon. Runs were set to be M/W/T only.
Noon works! Can catch them at MP 5.1 during my lunch break! :grinning:
  by Tanker1497

Hearing reports that Wemrock RD Bridge got very large safety beams with lights put on both sides. Anyone in the field try and report back with pictures.