• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Speaking of which how are they gonna do that? They gonna fly any passenger cars down to Jamesburg for the volunteers to ride in? Or any TOYX boxcars or anything?
  by AceMacSD

Gonna have to watch and see what surprises're coming. Maybe shine some rail that hasn't been used in coupla months. Hope to see a decent turn out. I'll be there. And please if you're going or following the train, do the right thing and support the cause by bringing a toy.
  by pdtrains

TfT train finishes saturday at Pburg, NJ. From there, ex-LV main to OI, and then down to Jamesburg and over to Farmingdale. Or they could run NJT to RB and down the southern....I guess we;ll see...

Or I guess they could run the LV to NK/Hunter, and down NJT to RB from there....might be preferred rather than the slow running from OI to Woodbridge..
  by Bracdude181

If they were to fly it down here I was thinking they’d go straight down to Port Reading from Bound Brook. (Breaks off the LV there) then go straight to Jamesburg. A lot shorter than running to OI then going down the old CNJ line (Garden State Sec) for its entire length. That’s the shortest route I can think of.
  by pdtrains

You have to do a back up move to get from the LV to the Port Reading branch, unless they rearranged the tracks there somehow.

I suspect they are going to run to NK/hunter and down amtk/njt to RB and over the southern. Its probably the fastest route, all things considered. Only questions is qualified crews or pilots going from NK to Hunter, and then a C&D or CR crew or pilot RB to Farmingdale.
  by AceMacSD

Regardless of how it's traveling. anyone coming out today or tomorrow should support what we're doing and bring a toy. The better these events do, the more likely they'll continue. Don't be a fool who takes pictures and runs away. Do the right thing and support the operation and all that we're all doing to make these events possible. Hope to see you all out there. Remember to be safe and if you're taking pictures or movies do it without trespassing or putting yourselves and others in danger. That includes those who want to drive like lunatics to take pictures and such. Respect everyone else around you and their safety.
  by CR7876

Who even said there was going to be a T4T train coming down. They used a regular boxcar and a SMS caboose on the Woodstown Central.
  by pdtrains

So if the are using equipment on hand, fair enough. I thought they had a dedicated train, based on the schedule and there not being trains in 2 different towns on the same day,

but whatever...
  by pdtrains

AceMacSD wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:04 am Regardless of how it's traveling. anyone coming out today or tomorrow should support what we're doing and bring a toy. The better these events do, the more likely they'll continue. Don't be a fool who takes pictures and runs away. Do the right thing and support the operation and all that we're all doing to make these events possible. Hope to see you all out there. Remember to be safe and if you're taking pictures or movies do it without trespassing or putting yourselves and others in danger. That includes those who want to drive like lunatics to take pictures and such. Respect everyone else around you and their safety.
Totally agree, Support the cause. Unfortunately, ppl acting like lunatics is a part of life, not just trains. When I worked on the RR, the guys who had been around forever said that the worst offenders were women with kids in the car trying to beat the train to the crossing.... go figure..
  by Bracdude181

Hopefully that caboose wasn’t about to burst lol.

Was a nice little event. Hopefully next year they have a boxcar and literally anything else besides 2005.
  by Bracdude181

Before I forget, no train Tuesday. Tomorrow they will start connecting the wye leg to the Southern and the process will involve the removal of track around Marl Road (Milepost 51 on the Southern)
  by JohnFromJersey

Sounds like Friday's train might be the first train to traverse the completed wye... We will have to see!
  by AceMacSD

Both events were very successful and glad to see a good turnout from the public.

There'll be significant progress with the south switch this week. See ya out there.