• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

Sand trains are unlikely, but I would say never say never. Just a few years ago, I remember seeing people post rumors on the old "CR on the Southern Secondary" thread about C&D/DRRR taking over and re-establishing the connection from Farmingdale to Freehold. I remember lots of back and forth about how that was absurd and was a fantasy and would never happen, but sure enough, here we are watching C&D/DRRR pull onto the Southern from the FIT-SOUS connection that was abandoned for decades until this year.
  by Tanker1497

R&DB wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:43 am Tanker1497,
Who died 10/12 years ago? Danny, his Dad or your source?
LOL Source. he worked in the office with them for 30 plus years.
  by JohnFromJersey

Good videos are always being posted to the groups on Facebook. I strongly recommend those here who aren't in them, join
  by CharlieL

Sign up on Railroad Ave in Farmingdale by the southern wye connection: road closed O/A 12/4/2023 for repair.

Meanwhile, that sweet welded rail they recovered from alongside the northern leg is laying along the ROW there, ready for ties. I'm guessing it will get placed next week.
  by JohnFromJersey

Yep, it looks like the southbound portion of the wye is gonna be done by the end of the year. Not even a full year, and DRRR/C&D has not only restored and rebuilt the old FIT-SOUS connection, but they got the entire wye completed too. Impressive!
  by AWSmith

Isn't it Laird & Company who make Applejack who use the Brick Recycling siding? They are right up the road on 537 in Colts Neck.
  by MHKProductions

Yes, That siding is used by brick and Laird currently. Bel-Ray used to use the siding when the facility was next to ABC Lumber who also got service, (Abc is what used to be Brick)
  by R&DB

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:36 pm I’m pretty sure it was actually 84 Lumber.
That's what my receipts said when I purchased lumber there several times back in the 1980s.
  by MHKProductions

Oh my bad, that's right 84 Lumber used that siding they had that big red circle as the logo on the side of the building.