• Pan Am Southern / Patriot Corridor Discussion

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

by newpylong

The undermining is under the Greenfield Industrial down onto the old Turners Branch. It's single main through there and the Deerfield River Bridge is just beyond.

What a mess.
  by jamoldover

Which bridge are we talking about? The one on the Freight Main just west of the yard, or the one on the Conn River Main ?
  by newpylong

That should be easier on everyone. The track north of Clinton must be close to getting bumped back to 25?
  by SpiderHill

newpylong wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:53 am That should be easier on everyone. The track north of Clinton must be close to getting bumped back to 25?
All the rail that was dropped from Clinton north looks to be installed. There still seems to be a gap without new rail between Still River Depot Road and Depot Road. You can see the rail at Still River but it does not go all the way to Depot Road. From what I have noticed is substantially fewer CSX trucks and workers on the line than there were last year for the southern end rebuild. There was a lot of work being done on the crossing signals by CSX employees. Also last year Corman did the resurfacing work themselves. This year it looks like they subbed out the resurfacing work as there is another company's equipment is parked on the Clinton siding. I have not seen that moved since it arrived a few weeks ago. I haven't been around as much so maybe I just missed when the CSX crews have been working.
  by newpylong

They pushed out a division notice yesterday saying the change over date is Sept 1
  by johnpbarlow

Glad to hear there’s a real closing date. Any idea when promised Hill Yard rehab would begin? Any other capital improvements like siding improvements? Am I getting ahead of myself?
  by taracer

pnolette wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:44 am M426-427 is going to change crews at Ayer now?
Looks like bringing back an old symbol eastbound, but yes changing crews in Ayer.
  by F74265A

Approximately where around Ayer? I recall that the stb filings said csx has pass through rights at the hill yard since it is pas territory. If csx parks a long train in the yard area, wouldn’t that block things up?
  by taracer

The limits are fluid right now, but the goal is Ayer, depending on the ex-Pan-Am crews to pilot for a few weeks. Live swaps in Ayer won't back things up, it'll be just like changing crews in Selkirk.

Things are changing, they are relearning under the new CEO.
  by johnpbarlow

I read a Pan Am/CSX FB posting stating that a couple of days back, E Deerfield yard was clogged such that RJED had to go east and tie down around Lake Pleasant. The RJED crew swapped ends with EOT and power before signing off so once a yard track is open and a crew is available, the consist should go right in.

Also G&W/B&E are now recruiting for both conductors and engineers for Mechanicville and E Deerfield.
  by newpylong

It happens. We used to also back trains off on the Conn River at Greenfield and Deerfield Junction if the yard got really plugged. This was pre-Vermonter.