Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by truck6018

Harlem Line:

Virginia Rd
Cleveland Ave
Lakeview Ave
Commerce St
Stevens Ave
Roaring Brook Rd
City Water
Green Lane
Jay St
Dynamite
Brewster Hwy
Dykeman's (Rte 312)
Towners (Rte 164)
Cornwall Hill Rd
Marble Quarry Rd
Patterson (Rte 311)
Peckham Materials
South St
Main St
Pawling Pedestrian
Corbin Rd
River Rd
Appalachian Trail
Kitchen Rd
Wheeler Rd
Pleasant Ridge Rd
Chipewalla Rd
Dover Furnace
Private
Mill St
Dover Plains Station
Private
Sinpatch
Furnace BanK Rd
Station Rd

Hope I didn't forget any.....
  by runningwithscalpels

fl9m2004 wrote:Waterbury did have 2 between Derby-Shelton and Stratford however one is out of service with road closed as of last time I was up there which was 2-3 years ago
I ride the branch on average once a week...I know.
  by SecaucusJunction

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:The one at Croton North has been long gone, and in place, is an overpass. Yes, there are grade crossings in Peekskill and Manitou. A bit further up the Hudson Line in Chelsea, there is a grade crossing, but I think it's only for those who are using the yacht. A few miles south of Poughkeepsie, there is another grade crossing.

Yeah it's been a while since I've been up there. I know there used to be. Thanks for the info.
  by fl9m2004

How many does Wassaic to Southeast have
I believe the New Haven line is the only main line without crossings
  by NH2060

truck6018 wrote:Brewster Hwy
Ellen Avenue (just above the Brewster station) is what you're thinking of there.
  by runningwithscalpels

fl9m2004 wrote:How many does Wassaic to Southeast have
I believe the New Haven line is the only main line without crossings
Someone just listed ALL the Harlem line ones. Use your powers of deduction and figure it out.
  by truck6018

NH2060 wrote:
truck6018 wrote:Brewster Hwy
Ellen Avenue (just above the Brewster station) is what you're thinking of there.
Nope, I'm thinking of Brewster Hwy as it's listed in the timetable even though Ellen Ave my be the actual street name.
  by LastStopValhalla

How many private Metro-North only grade crossings are on the Harlem Line?

I know of one in Thornwood at Commerce Street and Lafayette Street that is used to access power substation B-29 at about milepost 29.5.
  by Backshophoss

There's "City Water" in Mt Kisco(mp35.8,near the old Grand Union Warehouse) and "Waterworks" north of Katonah station and the NY 35 OH bridge
There's a MN power substation at the crossing,was a fishing access point to the New Croton Res(off I-684).
  by DutchRailnut

last one is known as dynamite crossing for the dynamite storage that at one time sat there for I684 construction.