• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NJT4149

SA31 heading up the Southern now; should be in Farmingdale in the next 10 minutes
  by NJT4149

SA31 by Farmingdale at 6:35 PM
CSX 4441, CSX 2798 +17 cars
  by RailsEast

Good stuff, thanks sskid & NJT4149; it seems the flashers & bell were activated ALL night long at the Squankum Rd crossing! The Conrail maintainer pulled up just as I was leaving at 11:45am, and he disabled the crossing system as I walked by. It wasn't his fault, the trouble desk just notified him this morning. The train was stopped just shy of the old south switch (long removed) of the passing siding in southern Farmingdale.....

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=4496575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris
  by NJT4149

When I got to Squankum-Yellowbrook Road earlier this afternoon, the crew had just gotten there and left a little while later. Due to the crossing signals being disabled, the crew had to flag the train across. After that, I chased the train to Maxim Road and Lakewood-Farmingdale Road. After that, I went home for a while and then headed back out to catch them heading back towards Browns. Somehow the rain held off just enough so I could get my shots; I guess the railroad gods are real :wink:
  by RailsEast

Yes, the railroad gods are real.....just not always friendly....... :wink:
  by RailsEast

Through Shrewsbury @ 2030 hours.....honestly, not too much later than last weeks return run.....
Chris
  by NJT4149

Wasn't able to post because my phone died, but SA31 lined and locked normal at Church at 9:28 PM and all clear of Church at 9:44 PM.
  by NJT4149

SA31 lined and locked normal at Church 2:58 PM
  by RailsEast

CSX 4429, CSX 4441 + 17; looks like 1 brick and 16 Woodhavens, through Eatontown at 1600 hours.
  by OCtrainguy

Real nice photo from last week Chris.

Today's SA31 did work at Extech, per a post on Facebook. Any updates would be appreciated.
  by RailsEast

Thanks, Stephen; train returned to Browns last night, through Shrewsbury at 0235 hours.
Chris
  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the info Chris.
  by NJT4149

SA31 permission to open Church at 2:54 PM
Lined and locked normal 3:14 PM
Last edited by NJT4149 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by gravelyfan

NJT4149 wrote:SA31 permission to open Church at 2:54 PM
2798-4429 + 17 (including one tank)
  by RailsEast

Thanks for the vital statistics, gentlemen, much appreciated. Dodging deer droppings, and droplets of sweat (not bad today, but 90 is 90 whichever way you slice it), I'm sure the crew appreciated the a/c in CSX 2798.

As the crew looked passing MP 39.7.....

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4509127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;