Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by glennk419

105 looks sharp. I'm glad that they retained the Reading rain gutters on the cab.
  by Train2009

glennk419 wrote:105 looks sharp. I'm glad that they retained the Reading rain gutters on the cab.
Indeed.

#105 went back in service last Weekend Saturday 10/24 as the Harmon switcher per The Unofficial Metro North Railroad Group on Facebook. #107 is on its way to Harmon.
http://www.progressiverailroading.com/m ... ice--46275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Nester

What's with the CSX train and tanker cars parked at Highbridge? The train had a caboose/office car at the end so it struck me as "not normal".
  by Nester

Does it normally hold on a track outside of the car appearance facility at Highbridge? I don't think I've noticed it before.
  by gregorygrice

The furthest track away from the mainline leads to the Oak Point Link. That's how they enter MNR
  by FL9AC

Metro north inspection cars 1,2, and 3 bracketed by BL20GH 130 and P32AC-DM 217 on the fuel pad in Stamford this evening. Looks like it's on geometry train duties NHV line.
  by FL9AC

First it followed 1888 (me) up the Danbury Branch and back down before making a round trip on the New Canaan.
  by gregorygrice

FL9AC wrote:First it followed 1888 (me) up the Danbury Branch and back down before making a round trip on the New Canaan.
We'll damn. I was so busy with 105, I didn't even notice it went up the Danbury.
  by Train2009

At 12 49 PM/12:50 PM this afternoon P32AC-DM #214 was pulling a single Shoreliner I cab car up the New Haven Line past Rye headed eastbound on a ACSES test train. I forget the cab car number.
  by Bill D

OK, I admit that a set of M-8's sitting on track 12 at New Haven Union Station on a Sunday morning is not an unusual sight, but the assignment was. Due to mechanical issues with NJT equipment, this set departed New Haven as train 3137, the Meadowlands train, with the destination signs reading New Rochelle. A replacement NJT set was to meet the M-8's there for passenger transfer. The NJT equipment, powered by ALP-46 #4615, actually made it to Stamford in time, and the transfer actually occurred there.

At NYP, passengers were required to transfer to another train bound for Secaucus Junction, and then presumably one more time to the Meadowlands.

ImageDSC_0215 by Bill D, on Flickr