• Grafton & Upton Railroad (G&U) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by g-and-u-watcher

Sir Ray wrote:
jaymac wrote:A ~1200/06-22-2015 drive-by showed the LP tanks in place. North Grafton was, too.
North Grafton was in place? :P
I interpreted that as meaning North Grafton hadn't been obliterated by a fireball yet, despite the presence of two of the tanks. :wink:
  by jaymac

Does going from two tanks to four result in an arithmetic or geometric progression in the magnitude of Angsthasenheit?
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

jaymac wrote:Does going from two tanks to four result in an arithmetic or geometric progression in the magnitude of Angsthasenheit?
Only if you use Grafton Board of Selectmen math. . .

by Cosmo

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:
jaymac wrote:Does going from two tanks to four result in an arithmetic or geometric progression in the magnitude of Angsthasenheit?
Only if you use Grafton Board of Selectmen math. . .

HOLY PROTONIC REVERSAL, BATMAN!! :P
  by HSP46

I believe that once all the construction is complete, people will calm down and the lawsuits will stop.
  by jaymac

I spent all of 06-23-2015 north of I-290, so I'd appreciate it if someone could advise me whether North Grafton is still there.
  by MaineCoonCat

From the Friends of The Grafton and Upton Railroad's facebook page.

Court date Tuesday, July 28, 2015.
gu calendaring p1.jpg
gu calendaring p2.jpg
  by CannaScrews

Next stop, the Supreme Court - taking bets, anyone???
  by Cosmo

CannaScrews wrote:Next stop, the Supreme Court - taking bets, anyone???
JEEZ Omar! Wait til they lose THIS one first! Yeesh. :wink:
  by nomis

Don't give them any ideas, plus if you say the possible lead paint was sprinkled with unicorn dandruff, they would be suing for animal abuse of an endangered species. :-) :-D :P :wink:
  by Cosmo

nomis wrote:Don't give them any ideas, plus if you say the possible lead paint was sprinkled with unicorn dandruff, they would be suing for animal abuse of an endangered species. :-) :-D :P :wink:
We SO need a "LIKE" button! :-)
  by jaymac

Dunno the situation at posting time, but at 1151/06-24-2015, North Grafton was still there.
  by MaineCoonCat

[quote="papabarn"]From the Friends of The Grafton and Upton Railroad's facebook page.

The "Gang of Seven" won't miss out on the fun that day either!
upton calendaring 1.jpg
upton calendaring 2.jpg
  by daylight4449

jaymac wrote:I spent all of 06-23-2015 north of I-290, so I'd appreciate it if someone could advise me whether North Grafton is still there.
Well, Flynn's/Al's Oil is still here as of 6/25... Considering it's in the "fallout zone" that the local mob is so worried about, I think we're OK... Also, did I forget to mention we sit on a few thousand gallons of gas, diesel and heating fuel? Just don't drop a match in any of the tanks, or we'll all have a bad time!
  by MaineCoonCat

The Grafton News is reporting:

"Legal bills against railroad tops $107,000"

http://www.thegraftonnews.com/legal-bil ... ps-107000/

Oddly, there is only a couple of photos and no text with any details..

Thanks to the Friends of The Grafton and Upton Railroad's facebook page for the tip.

From what I've observed, there are some who are pretty unhappy with this much being spent.