• New Lansdale station at Ninth Avenue

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by trackwelder

bikentransit wrote:Sounds like many pro-SEPTA insiders here....

Anyways, there are technological solutions today that can easily monitor any station so they can be kept open 24/7. And if the homeless are such a problem (oh the humanity!), it sounds like SEPTA has an answer for that anyway whenever NPT gets off the ground. So there really is no reason why SEPTA should be building glorified bus shelter stations when complete enclosed waiting rooms could be utilized instead.
i'm all for stations with shelters with heat and bathrooms, but ther's rea;;y no reason why they should be open more than thirty minutes before the first train departs in the morning or at times when nothing's running.
  by NorthPennLimited

Now I'm confused.

Has this thread turned into a campaign to open all stations with bathrooms, or are we beating drums for the temporary, overflow station at 9th street in Lansdale?
  by the sarge

NorthPennLimited wrote:Now I'm confused.

Has this thread turned into a campaign to open all stations with bathrooms, or are we beating drums for the temporary, overflow station at 9th street in Lansdale?
The campaign for bathrooms at all stations and even on all trains, buses, and trolleys started when the video was released of the women taking a leak on a moving SEPTA bus. I will not post a link to the video as it is very obscene.
  by AlexC

Also locked.