• Noticed/Questioned Major Delays, Annulments, Reroutes

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by runningwithscalpels

Mackensen wrote:
Arlington wrote:@ NYP for the half hour I have been here waiting for 2166 to BBY they say "all NJT & Amtrak" northbound (rr east?) are delayed an indeterminate time. Due to a "track obstruction west of Trenton" (south?). Any hints? I might hafts bail for the LimoLiner (yes a bus) at 6:00pm if this keeps up.
A little late, but there was police activity somewhere between Philadelphia and Trenton.
A Keystone hit someone at some point between the two.
  by Backshophoss

The Texas Eagle(#21/22) has not been able to run since last Sunday,due to
the UP wreck at Hoxie Ar.
  by ns3010

All trains in and out of NYP are experiencing ~50 minute delays due to a broken rail and single tracking in one of the North River Tunnels. I'm on 86, and we're currently sitting at Secaucus for a slot, along with a bunch of NJT trains.
  by Greg Moore

ns3010 wrote:All trains in and out of NYP are experiencing ~50 minute delays due to a broken rail and single tracking in one of the North River Tunnels. I'm on 86, and we're currently sitting at Secaucus for a slot, along with a bunch of NJT trains.

How much longer before we finally get 2 more tunnels. Arrgh.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ns3010 wrote:All trains in and out of NYP are experiencing ~50 minute delays due to a broken rail and single tracking in one of the North River Tunnels. I'm on 86, and we're currently sitting at Secaucus for a slot, along with a bunch of NJT trains.
170 took a 3 + hour hit coming East to Boston...didn't arrive into South Station until 3:45pm!
  by ACeInTheHole

Also, got word from Silverliner II last night that a very late train #64 pulled into Penn Station with P42 #81 for power. Did a 700 series P32 take a dump somewhere yesterday?
  by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote:Also, got word from Silverliner II last night that a very late train #64 pulled into Penn Station with P42 #81 for power. Did a 700 series P32 take a dump somewhere yesterday?
No. There is track work in ALB so if certain events come toegther, you'll see the P42 operate through to ease congestion.
  by mike253

Both 29 and 49 were almost six hours late into Chicago this morning (afternoon, really.)
Any cause other than the usual "freight congestion?"
Were 3/5/7/21 held for connections?
  by Backshophoss

Both the Chief and the Builder were late out of Chicago,Eagle was "canned" due to the UP mess at Hoxie Ar.
(per the dixieland site)
  by Mackensen

Sitting on 171 (25) outside of New London right now. It sounds like there's a problem with 95 (25) in front of us; Amtrak shows a service disruption for it and after completing station duties at New London we backed out and on to the middle track. Waiting on the dispatcher now.
  by Mackensen

Mackensen wrote:Sitting on 171 (25) outside of New London right now. It sounds like there's a problem with 95 (25) in front of us; Amtrak shows a service disruption for it and after completing station duties at New London we backed out and on to the middle track. Waiting on the dispatcher now.
Update. Just left New Haven 48 minutes late. Next to us was a CDOT train (ex-Amtrak P40 843 in the lead with four coaches) with what I assume was 95 coupled to it. Sprinter 607 was the power but it had both pantographs down. AEM-7 939 (I think, I was on the wrong side) sitting just outside the station so I assume it'll be swapped in on 95. We did not take on any passengers from that train.
  by AMTK1007

Backshophoss wrote:Both the Chief and the Builder were late out of Chicago,Eagle was "canned" due to the UP mess at Hoxie Ar.
(per the dixieland site)
Was the Beagle actually canceled, or just disrupted, IE DETOURED?
  by electricron

AMTK1007 wrote:
Backshophoss wrote:Both the Chief and the Builder were late out of Chicago,Eagle was "canned" due to the UP mess at Hoxie Ar.
(per the dixieland site)
Was the Beagle actually canceled, or just disrupted, IE DETOURED?
There is no alternate route around Hoxie, Arkansas. It seems whenever there are problems on the ex-MP line through Arkansas it's standard practice to cancel the train. A decade ago, I waited 4 hours at my local train station for an Eagle that never came because those tracks were flooded in Arkansas.