• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by PVRX1

Thanks to the talented work of our steam crew, 60 is in fact out and about today Saturday 6/7/14.
  by OCtrainguy

Under the better late than never saying, here are some photos from the Hunterdon Flyer excursion on May 25th. I rode the first train and photographed the second.

The first train arriving in Flemington
View of Lehigh Valley 112
Then, in Ringoes, the crew waitsto bring the train back into the station after making the runaround in the yard. Back in Flemington waiting for the second trip, here's a close-up of the Lehigh Valley logo

The second trip of the day heading to Three Bridges as seen here crossing the Raritan River and again crossing the river as the train heads to Ringoes.

A quick stop was made in Flemington to drop off a few passengers, so I got to photo the train there and got one more for good luck.

Glad to hear #60 is running this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the engine in two weeks. Hope you enjoy the photos.
  by OCtrainguy

Here are some photos from the caboose hop on June 21st. My daughter and parents rode the train.

First, here is #60 at Flemington before the deadhead move to Ringoes and then the steam engine cooling down for the night.

The caboose hop was powered by Lehigh Valley SW1 112, seen here boarding passengers at Ringoes. Here is the train passing the CNJ Flemington station and then the Raritan River bridge.

And two photos on the return trip to Ringoes. I was able to photo the train behind the car dealer and then arriving at Ringoes station.

Hope you enjoy!
  by Ken W2KB

This Saturday and Sunday (July 19-20) come ride our Summer Excursions behind steam locomotive #60! Ride in one of our antique coaches OR enjoy a ride in the Little Red Caboose at no extra charge (space permitting)! At Ringoes Station, cool off with an ice cream treat from our new ice cream freezer!

We have other events coming up, including Readin' Railroad Story Time this August. Visit our website http://www.blackriverrailroad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more info!
  by Ken W2KB

Tickets are available for this Saturday's Caboose Hop! The caboose train leaves Ringoes Station at 5:30 PM on July 26 for an evening trip to Three Bridges and back. Don't miss this chance to ride the entire active BR&W line in one of our cabooses!

Departure time from Ringoes is 5:30 PM this Saturday and reservations are required. Tickets are $15 per passenger age 3 and up. Kids under 3 are free and do not need a ticket. Seats are selling fast - don't miss this chance!

This Saturday's train will be diesel powered.

ALSO, coming this September, is the Great Train Robbery! This event will operate one day only and will be powered by steam locomotive #60! Get complete details and purchase tickets on our website. http://www.flemingtontrain.org/
  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Might be chasing the caboose hop this Saturday. Looking to film some action on the old CNJ South Branch between Flemington and Three Bridges.
Going to try that 75th Anniversary run in September too.
  by R36 Combine Coach

What happened to Photo (Mixed) Freight? It is no longer on the website calendar. It was supposed to be postponed to a date TBA later in the year.
  by wolfboy8171981

Brush has been cut as far as just south of MP 6 at the Cut. Approximately 50 ties have been replaced from South Ringoes to the curve north of Boss Rd. Its not much, but its a start.
  by MShea

Clearing of brush south of Ringoes is continuing at a slow but steady pace. Overall, we are pleasantly surprised with the condition of the track underneath all the brush.

More news coming later this year...
  by MShea

The Erie switcher #436 was found to be in worse condition than originally thought by the URHS and BRRHT. For this reason it will be returned to URHS in the near future in its current (inoperable) condition.

The BRRHT will instead be taking ownership of former URHS #438, which is in transit to us as we speak. This is the unit that was on lease to SMS.

For those of you unfamiliar with these locomotives, they are both SW9's and you can find additional information here: http://urhs.org/blog/urhs-equipment-roster/#erie436

BTW, any of you looking for the full scoop on the Alexauken Division, consider joining the Trust and attending our November 1 membership meeting (8:30 AM at Ringoes Station)!
  by NYS&W142Fan

I see you are putting a lot of work cutting brush going South which is good, however, I would think you might put some effort going North out of Ringoes first. I was on a trip to Three Bridges a few weeks back and the branches were trying to get in the car with us. Just a thought.