Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Railroader

FL9AC wrote:Had the 127+3 on the Danbury yesterday afternoon but today 2881/1876 had the 113+3. Thank god cuz the 127 is a DOGGGGG!
127 off and shopped. 126 took its place. 130 still on other mini. 115 in Stamford on the fuel pad "backwards" cab west.
  by truck6018

Dead 128 towed from Southeast to Harmon last night (via GCT).
  by runningwithscalpels

115 on Waterbury as of yesterday
  by Kurt

#128 is back on the Wassaic shuttle as of last night
  by truck6018

Broken 111 towed to Harmon last night from Brewster.
  by runningwithscalpels

Saw 115 in Stamford waiting to depart as the 4:01 to Danbury yesterday while waiting for the local.
130 was back on Waterbury as of Sunday
  by FL9AC

115 has been on the Danbury shuttle since Friday. Before that it was the 113.

...currently that mini is heading up the New Canaan branch for 1712/1745 due to a shortage of electric equipment in Stamford.
  by deandremouse

110 sitting in the Harmon coach yard with part of it's hood section missing. Altenator is out and all. Getting work done
  by runningwithscalpels

125 on Waterbury this morning with some mismatched part behind the cab on fireman's side with MTA style paint.
  by DutchRailnut

That would be HVAC unit, and no we don't repaint it after Harmon steals it of another shopped unit.
We just be grateful to have AC.
  by runningwithscalpels

I thought it looked like an air conditioner but wasn't about to say it if it wasn't the case - and I just thought the mismatch was amusing, I didn't expect them to repaint it :P
  by edbac333

At 0940 today, 6/10, the Waterbury Shuttle went past the Derby Greenway heading south with the 125 pushing. It returned north at 1121 ( a bit late) with the 115 pulling.
  by FL9AC

edbac333 wrote:At 0940 today, 6/10, the Waterbury Shuttle went past the Derby Greenway heading south with the 125 pushing. It returned north at 1121 ( a bit late) with the 115 pulling.
Not the same consist because the 115+3 has been on the Danbury Branch for a while now. I had it tonight on 2881-1876 so it must have just made a quick round trip for whatever reason. I was wondering why both loco and cab car cabs had garbage all over the place....the savages got a hold of it ;).
  by runningwithscalpels

Got an email that 1935 was bustituted this morning, maybe that had something to do with it.
  by FL9AC

Due to a late engine swap in Stamford yesterday PM after the 115+3 got back from testing on the Danbury Branch, the Danbury crew ended up with the Waterbury's 130+3. Hopefully we'll get our consist back as the difference is VERY noticeable...