• ex-MARC Units Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sery2831

There was one unit in being repaired. It was placed out back with the other two units last week along with the 1132. It is not in service.
  by GP40MC1118

The 66 is the unit they are attempting to revive...

D
  by GP40MC 1116

Any status of what is up with the 51, 59, 66. I am surprised MPI hasn't requested them back if the lease has not been extended. If it has been, surprised the MBTA is paying $$ for units that are sitting dead collecting dust. With the recent issues with the 1009, 1014 and OOS 1132, It is interesting that these haven't been brought in to get back running again.

Never a BAD idea to have readily available power in reserve status!
  by GP40MC 1116

8th Notch wrote:2 of the 3 have had major failures so kinda makes me wonder why they are still around as well...
Maybe MBCR is reluctant to send them back because they have to be in full working order :P
  by ck4049

MBCR ran them into the ground. But I'm just glad they were prepared for this to happen since the units were already worn out as hell before they even left MARC.
  by deandremouse

Are there any units still on the property or has MBTA sent them back to MPI?
  by ck4049

51, 59 & 66 still sit out back at BET collecting dust.
  by ns3010

One of them went inside last week, and a second had joined it as of this morning. No clue on numbers.
  by sery2831

59 and 66 are being prepared for shipment to MPI.
  by ns3010

The 51 was also moved in overnight.
  by sery2831

They are all hooked up together. They need work to the air brakes, when they are done they will go west.
  by MEC407

http://photos.greatrails.net/showpic/?p ... 033904.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;