• A kind of "reverse saber rattling?" re. Cape Cod

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by markhb

This project couldn't have worked out better for you, atlantis... they announced it before you had a chance to update your signature! :) (Or are you still going to eat that doughnut?)
  by jaymac

...dipped in tomato sauce, lest we forget...
  by atlantis

Indeed I will guys! I will probably do it at the Buzzards Bay RR station either on opening day or within that week. ( I can PM you guys or you can PM me as the time approaches to coordinate the event!)
  by GP40MC 1116

I am still a bit skepital as to how the new partnership between Iowa Pacific and Cape Rail will fold into this. I really doubt I'll that we will see MBTA trains going all the way down to Hyannis and back. If anything, you would see a transfer at Middleboro/Lakeville or this new venture will opperate all the way from the Cape to Boston
  by jaymac

atlantis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 am
Indeed I will guys! I will probably do it at the Buzzards Bay RR station either on opening day or within that week. ( I can PM you guys or you can PM me as the time approaches to coordinate the event!)
Thanks, but I'm not sure I could handle that live. A NERAIL or YouTube post, perhaps?
  by atlantis

I'll see if I can post it on Youtube, although I don't have the equipment to do so at this time. I'll try to wrangle up some before then, stay tuned!!
  by CRail

GP40MC 1116 wrote:I am still a bit skepital as to how the new partnership between Iowa Pacific and Cape Rail will fold into this. I really doubt I'll that we will see MBTA trains going all the way down to Hyannis and back. If anything, you would see a transfer at Middleboro/Lakeville or this new venture will opperate all the way from the Cape to Boston
The current plan is for the MC crew to take the MBTA train over at the station and run it the rest of the way to Hyannis. It's a railroad practice seen almost exclusively in freight service today, but it's still a sound practice that's certainly precedented.
  by markhb

I notice the Cape Flyer is advertising on Red Sox spring training games, to the point of buying time on the behind-the-plate billboards!
  by wicked

I have a feeling that inventory wasn't sold this season, given how bad the Sox blew last year and how few games (relatively speaking) are on NESN. Maybe a combined state ad buy that they're part of?