• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by bigjim4life

Will any kind of heads up be given? Or will it be posted on the website/here beforehand? Unless it's a last-minute surprise...
  by PVRX1

It will be Sunday December 9th weather permitting.

If this changes I will post something on December 7th.

JH
  by Don31

PVRX1 wrote:It will be Sunday December 9th weather permitting.

If this changes I will post something on December 7th.

JH
I'm someone who knows absolutely nothing about the BR&W but would like to photograph No. 60 on Sunday. I'm assuming it will run from Ringoes to Flemington and back? What time would it depart?

Thanks much....
  by PVRX1

Santa Claus Express trains depart Flemington at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm.

The Ringoes departures are 1015am, 12ish, and 2ish (all passengers board in Flemington for these trips hence the "ish".
  by Don31

Thanks. I appreciate it.
  by PVRX1

OK Gang,
Here is the 9pm 60 report:
60 will run Sunday December 9th.
We have acquired another load of coal so that - weather conditions dependent - meaning no hard freeze - 60 can also run Sunday December 16th and Sunday December 23rd. If a hard freeze comes in and stays around I wont risk damaging any piping or components ans she will be "winterized' til spring.
Thank you,
JH, BRRHT
  by blockline4180

PVRX1 wrote:OK Gang,
Here is the 9pm 60 report:
60 will run Sunday December 9th.
We have acquired another load of coal so that - weather conditions dependent - meaning no hard freeze - 60 can also run Sunday December 16th and Sunday December 23rd. If a hard freeze comes in and stays around I wont risk damaging any piping or components ans she will be "winterized' til spring.
Thank you,
JH, BRRHT

Great!! Thanks for that good news and all you do!!!
  by Ken W2KB

Indeed 60 did run today, it was my first time as brakeman for 60. Easier than the diesels given the footboards. Lots of passengers and quite a few photographers despite the dreary weather. NOAA's long-term forecast for the week is no severe cold weather so lets hope for the 16th!

We had three trains running at the same time today. Freight train Ringoes to Three Bridges, LV SW1 engine with a private charter freight cars and caboose consist, and of course the Santa Express with 60.
  by wolfboy8171981

Ken W2KB wrote:Indeed 60 did run today, it was my first time as brakeman for 60. Easier than the diesels given the footboards. Lots of passengers and quite a few photographers despite the dreary weather. NOAA's long-term forecast for the week is no severe cold weather so lets hope for the 16th!

We had three trains running at the same time today. Freight train Ringoes to Three Bridges, LV SW1 engine with a private charter freight cars and caboose consist, and of course the Santa Express with 60.
You never what.....or who you will see at the BR&W!
  by Don31

Will No. 60 be running this coming Sunday (12/16)? No freeze, just rain.....
  by Ken W2KB

Don31 wrote:Will No. 60 be running this coming Sunday (12/16)? No freeze, just rain.....
As of 30 seconds ago the roster still shows a fireman on the crew, so that's a good sign that it will run. No guarantees of course.
  by Don31

Ken W2KB wrote:
Don31 wrote:Will No. 60 be running this coming Sunday (12/16)? No freeze, just rain.....
As of 30 seconds ago the roster still shows a fireman on the crew, so that's a good sign that it will run. No guarantees of course.
Great, thanks Ken. I'll check back here later or tomorrow to be sure.
  by Ken W2KB

Don31 wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:
60 is indeed fired up here at Ringoes this morning.
  by Don31

Ken W2KB wrote:
Don31 wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:
60 is indeed fired up here at Ringoes this morning.
Thanks Ken, but somethings come up here today and I can't make it... :(

Hopefully next week.