• Tracking "Pennsylvania" 269

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Clearfield

beanbag wrote:
Clearfield wrote:I heard that James Cameron spotted it on the way down to visit the Titanic.

At least 269 won't rust.
That is tragic. RIP 269.
Not really. The SEPTA Transit Museum Annex is opening soon in the Mariana Trench.
  by Matthew Mitchell

Clearfield wrote:Not really. The SEPTA Transit Museum Annex is opening soon in the Mariana Trench.
You sure it's there? That ain't deep enough for Luther.
  by Clearfield

Matthew Mitchell wrote:
Clearfield wrote:Not really. The SEPTA Transit Museum Annex is opening soon in the Mariana Trench.
You sure it's there? That ain't deep enough for Luther.
How About "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" or "Journey to the Center of the Earth"?
  by rslitman

Clearfield wrote:I heard that James Cameron spotted it on the way down to visit the Titanic.

At least 269 won't rust.
Who's James Cameron?

And who is the "Luther" referred to in a later message here?

Please answer directly here, no links to external sites for the actual answer, just for further elaboration if necessary. Thanks.
  by glennk419

rslitman wrote:

At least 269 won't rust.
Who's James Cameron?

Please answer directly here, no links to external sites for the actual answer, just for further elaboration if necessary. Thanks.
James Cameron is the deep sea explorer who discovered the wreck of the Titanic and produced the movie of the same name.

Luther Diggs is the head of SEPTA's railroad division. Further comment omitted.....
  by glennk419

scotty269 wrote:
rslitman wrote:

At least 269 won't rust.
Who's James Cameron?

All about Luther
I believe Dr. Mitchell was in fact referring to Luther Diggs and his comments about the SLII's and III's being good for nothing but artificial reefs and offering to man the torch to "cut them up himself".
  by 161pw165

Actually, it was Dr. Robert Ballard from Wood's Hole Oceanographic Institute who discovered the Titanic's final resting place. Sorry to nitpick.
  by South Jersey Budd

269 is the second car South in the line of cars next to the Shop at Wayne Electric. It may be the next bunch that goes to Woodbourne. It's illuminated and stainless steel number boards are all removed.
  by MACTRAXX

South Jersey Budd wrote:269 is the second car South in the line of cars next to the Shop at Wayne Electric. It may be the next bunch that goes to Woodbourne. It's illuminated and stainless steel number boards are all removed.
SJB: As of 7/20 those cars are still sitting on that track on the E side of Wayne Electric and are visible to passing trains...
You can clearly read the word PENNSYLVANIA on that second car...The first car has no numerals visible and #269's side
center numeral sign is gone...If anyone chooses to attempt to save it from being scrapped it is still not too late...

MACTRAXX
  by rslitman

269 is among a grouo of additional IIs and IIIs that appeared in the Woodbourne yard this week.
  by Silverliner II

rslitman wrote:269 is among a grouo of additional IIs and IIIs that appeared in the Woodbourne yard this week.
That would be the entire group that was at Wayne Electric. They all got moved to Woodbourne yard either yesterday or today.
  by SubwayTim

acelaphillies wrote:269 is still in Woodbourne. I could see the distinctive "PENNSYLVANIA" from I-95.
Where is Woodbourne Yard in relation to I-95??? Never heard of Woodbourne Yard.
  by glennk419

SubwayTim wrote:
acelaphillies wrote:269 is still in Woodbourne. I could see the distinctive "PENNSYLVANIA" from I-95.
Where is Woodbourne Yard in relation to I-95??? Never heard of Woodbourne Yard.
CSX's (ex-Reading) Woodbourne Yard is between PA RT 213 and the Rt. 1 Superhighway in Langhorne. It runs parallel to I-95 between these two roads.
  by rslitman

218 is in the Woodbourne yard, too. Its "SYLVANIA" side faces I-95, not the West Trenton rail line.