• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Mackensen

#10021 "Pacific Cape" + 4 Amfleets in Kalamazoo today for a ceremony marking 110 mph running between there and Porter.
  by AMTK1007

Mackensen wrote:#10021 "Pacific Cape" + 4 Amfleets in Kalamazoo today for a ceremony marking 110 mph running between there and Porter.
10021, 2 amcoaches, a Wi Fi capable All Table Amfleet Food Service car, and the 10001 - Beech Grove, along with the 126 &32 Back to Back
  by David Benton

Interesting photo of the switch heaters .I wonder if members of the public ever report that the tracks on fire ?
  by CSX Conductor

Conference Car 9800 will be bringing up the markers of a 3 car sports charter tonight. Scheduled in computer as departing DC AT 1935 hours. Arrives PHIL 2115 and departs PHILLY @ 2315 to NYP tonight.
  by CSX Conductor

Btw, train number assigned to above move is #844.
  by lnj

Southbound Crescent just came through Newark with two HHP-8's leading. Pacific Cape and Beech Grove on the rear.
  by srock1028

650 & 662 pulling todays (2-17) crescent #19 with Pacific Cape and Beech Groove at the rear of the train.
  by daylight4449

Amtrak # 145 was westbound on the Lake Shore yesterday. I got some video of it, but it will be a few days before I get the clip on my youtube page. Sunday, two extra Genesis units were trailing the head end units. The extras were Amtrak #5 and #146, with #106 and #64 leading.
  by gregorygrice

The Corridor Clipper is on the back of Amtrak #171. Just left Stamford.
  by Train2009

Two AEM-7s went west from New Haven, CT this afternoon.
  by jcepler1

Train2009 wrote:Two AEM-7s went west from New Haven, CT this afternoon.
Unfortunately, two AEM-7's leading a train are not unique. Sometimes those locomotives are given the designation 'pairs only' which means that for some reason, usually mechanical problems, that it cannot be trusted to lead a train on its own.
  by Tadman

Bob, I love that shot of 907 leading. Great angle. Keep up the good work, and keep sharing.
  by CSX Conductor

Heritage unit #145 will be the second unit on train #449 out pfllof Boston today. The 145 is faci g into the train.