• Portland Waterfront Rail Ops (Yard 8, Intermodal, etc)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

If you want a candle made by a Yankee, buy a Village Candle candle. :wink:
  by MEC407

Something I meant to mention in my previous post but forgot:

Village Candle is in the old Spencer Press plant in the Wells Industrial Park. Spencer was a longtime railroad customer. The track into the plant still exists but I don't know if VC has ever used it.
  by Hux

MEC407 wrote:If you want a candle made by a Yankee, buy a Village Candle candle. :wink:
Or you can buy a Kringle Candle made by the son of the original creator and owner of Yankee. Located right on the main in Bernadston.
  by MEC407

Good to know!
  by hh660

There is new track work going on at the IMT. Crushed stone in place, parallel to the existing track, ties and new rail stacked on site.

S
  by pnolette

They are adding a second track in the mini-IM.Looks like they are also extending the run around track to the east end of Yard 8.And the road crossing to Merills is getting lights and gates.
  by hh660

Lights and partial gates (no arms) installed at the almost, very west end of Commercial St. Track services the IMT to the east.
S
  by Cosakita18

Noticed some Yang Ming containers mixed into the normal water shipments heading west on POED this morning. Are these just new containers for the Poland Spring equipment pool or does PAR have a new IM customer?