• Portland Waterfront Rail Ops (Yard 8, Intermodal, etc)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by BM6569

Wonder if those well cars will end up being used to bring the Hunt containers back down? Then they could leave the chassis up there for the 53 foot chassis pool.
  by Cosakita18

No chance that the well car containers could be separate from the PS operation and are heading to Portland for transloading with Eimskip at the IMT?
  by BM6569

I spotted the well cars on POWA yesterday. Should see them returning this weekend on WAAY I'd imagine with the JB Hunt containers in them.
  by gokeefe

Sounds like they are preparing to position more empty containers ... Odd .... one would imagine JB Hunt has plenty of deadhead moves coming into Maine but apparently "perhaps not" ...
  by 690

The five wells returned were a three pack and two singles... supposedly AYPO left Ayer this morning with a five pack well car, so perhaps the wrong equipment was brought up.
  by gokeefe

The only difference I can see that making is the efficiency in axle count. Otherwise nothing else right?
  by jaymac

The few 22Ks I've seen lately have had more MT slots than earlier. Could be for Ayer WBs and/or mebbe some D-1s getting pre-positioned...
  by 690

gokeefe wrote:The only difference I can see that making is the efficiency in axle count. Otherwise nothing else right?
Keeps one of them from accidentally being misrouted or something, but also, they're slightly shorter, which is important for the capacity at Waterville, which can hold eighteen spines (I imagine that five pack wells are the same length).
  by fromway

BDN today has an article where a PS representative is recommending that PS build a new Fifty($50) Million dollar plant in Lincoln. This will be a huge boost to the region. Just hope the NIMBYS don't start yapping.
  by gokeefe

fromway wrote:Just hope the NIMBYS don't start yapping.
Probably not a concern. Best line in the whole article was something along the lines of "the mill used to use xxxx millions of gallons a year" from the public water district and they would have no problem handling future demand from Poland Spring.

Lincoln has been badly beat down by the loss of jobs in that area. I think most people up there are going to do everything they can to make sure this happens.