• Politicians make Amtrak move Glenview stop out of downtown

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Gilbert B Norman

MudLake wrote:The majority (probably vast majority) of people riding the Blue Line into and out of O'Hare are airport and airline employees.
And me....

For three of the four trips I have taken this year that involved air transportation, i used "poor man's', or otherwise METRA and Blue Line.

Takes about two hours (direct Limo 1/2hr) and It works for me, and even if a travesty I hope will one day be corrected, "the price is right".
Last edited by Gilbert B Norman on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by lstone19

spatcher wrote: Midwest if far from winding down its operations. Republic Airways just purchased Frontier Airlines, a midsized airline based out of Denver. Look for a Midwest/Frontier merger, and Milwaukee to grow as the companys midwest hub.
Actually, in one very real sense, Midwest is no more. As of earlier this month, the operations under the Midwest operating certificate were shut down. Today, Midwest is just a marketing name for flights legally operated by other airlines. If you go to their (poor) website (poor because it wants full city names; you can't enter airport codes), you'll find that every flight is footnoted as being operated by another airline.