• Polar Express tragedy

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by Clean Cab

Cape Central's Polar Express train struck a person on the tracks in Onset. It happened at 7:17 PM and I have no other details.
  by GE45tonner

Well, that's certainly going to damper the mood.... Not trying to be insensitive but it really sucks that a trespasser ruined a good time.
  by MBTA1016

GE45tonner wrote:Well, that's certainly going to damper the mood.... Not trying to be insensitive but it really sucks that a trespasser ruined a good time.
I agree with the above as well. Hopefully the crew is ok and stuff. Sad to see this happened 3 days before Christmas
  by Clean Cab

As sad as it is, thankfully there were no kids or passengers on board. The article says the guy was lying on the tracks, possible suicide?
  by MBTA1016

To be honest I don't really want to know what the full story is. It's only 3 days before Christmas. His family or whoever knew him won't be having a good Christmas with this hanging over them.

I'm looking forward to a better and safer 2014.
  by djimpact1

Not to sound insensitive to this awful situation, but why is this in the MBTA Rail Ops forum? Shouldn't this be in the New England Railfan forum?
  by sery2831

I agree.
  by Watchman318

Clean Cab wrote:The article says the guy was lying on the tracks, possible suicide?
Possibly, but remember the recent one in Taunton where the "trespasser fatality" turned out to be a homicide victim who had been dumped on the track.
As they say in Maine, "Hard tellin', not knowin'."
Mbta fan wrote:I'm looking forward to a better and safer 2014.
Ditto!