• Pictures of NH ALCO PA's, DL109's and EP5's.

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by kalvingp30fan

Does anyone have any pictures of these locomotives when they got retired? I know that I have only seen one with the DL109 but none with the others,
  by atlpete

Personally no, Cavanaugh's book has some shots of a Hunter Green DL(0738) in storage and the post retirement Orange DL-109 (PP716) with some other white-lined power, most of the published shots of retired NH power I've seen focus on the older steam, motors and "experimentals"
Interesting question; why the interest in the condemned shots? My understanding was the PA's were gobbled up straight away (written off along with the CPA-16 FM's) from service as trade-ins or scrap as the dual purpose roadswitchers were delivered in the late fifties and didn't linger at the Cedar Hill deadline like the motors and DL's. I do recall a sad photo of a cut-up EP-5 "at the torch" in a railfan mag though circa early seventies, but can't recall the location of the crime or the exact periodical(might have been Trains.) :(
  by kalvingp30fan

I model the Northeast in the 60's-70's and i was thinkg about doing a NH deadline.
  by Statkowski

My understanding was the PA's were gobbled up straight away (written off along with the CPA-16 FM's) from service as trade-ins or scrap as the dual purpose roadswitchers were delivered in the late fifties and didn't linger at the Cedar Hill deadline like the motors and DL's.
Not quite true. I've got a builder's plate from PA-1 0766 (circa 1964) while it sat on the deadline across from New Haven Union Station.
  by kalvingp30fan

Didnt a PA survive unitl the merger? i rember reading some were when DH got its PA's they used a NH one for parts
  by Allen Hazen

George Elwood's "Fallen Flags" railphoto site has some pictures of Dl-109 in a scrapyard.