• Petition to keep AEM7s in original colors

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by 7 Train

Sign this petition to support Amtrak in keeping at least one AEM7 in Phase III and Phase IV and having 911 repainted in a memorial scheme.

As you know, the AEM7 fleet looks bland already in Acela paint.

by DutchRailnut

What amtrak needs is a corporate image, not a museum locomotive.
phase III can in a few years be applied to a museum locomotive.

by Jersey_Mike

Amtrak would be best selling the space on the side of their locos for ad wraps.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

i think they should keep at least one in each scheme and should do same with the P-42's as well.

by AEM7AC920

I was just thinking of the same thing to keep an AEM-7 in phase III or do a repaint of 911 with the U.S flag on it. I doubt it will be done

by crazy_nip

I think they need another new paint scheme...

there is plenty of money to be wasted on such an important task

by AmtrakFan

I signed it. I think we need to keep one of each color.

AmtrakFan

by Nasadowsk

Who gives a crap?

Run the trains on time and reliably, then worry about how they're painted.

by RMadisonWI

[sardonicism]
Why stop there? If we want a locomotive in each color scheme, why not a passenger car of each type in each paint scheme as well? Heck, why Phase III? Why not have one of each type of equipment in each paint scheme from Phase I to phase V?

In fact, let's go even further. Amtrak should also paint one of each in the color scheme of the predecessor railroads. ATSF, GN, NP, SP, NYC, SR, etc., should all be represented on Amtrak's fleet.

As a matter of fact, every single piece of equipment should be painted in a different color scheme...you know...just to please the railfans (especially those that would rather be outside taking pictures of the equipment rather than actually riding where they wouldn't be able to see the paint scheme anyway).
[/sardonicism]
  by Gilbert B Norman

My municipality here in suburban Chicago has a Police Squad car painted to promote a national drug abuse program acronymed DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). The funds needed to paint this vehicle into a distinctive scheme complete with the program's logo were raised from private sources. as it was deemed that such would be an inappropriate use of taxpayer funds.

I would gladly do same if private funds are to be raised to give #911 a memorial paint scheme.

We owe those who fell that day that much.

by nick11a

Yeah, I much prefer the Phase III. Not a big fan of the Phase IV though. And definitely am for having 911 in a memorial scheme. 911 is currently in Phase IV colors.

by John_Perkowski

I'm with Mr Madison here...

Let's get the trains running to the timetable. Then let the shops worry about repainting equipment.

John Perkowski

by AmtrakFan

I like Mr. Madisons idea keep the trains running then let the shops do the work later.

AmtrakFan/John Poshepny

etc

by Noel Weaver

This is pure nonesense. The public wants trains to operate on time and in
a safe manner.
They do not care what kind of paint is on their engine or cars either.
There are many more important concerns with Amtrak than paint.
If you people want to do a petetion about Amtrak, how about writing to
your congressperson or senator in Washington asking that they support
Amtrak, much more important than paint.
Noel Weaver

by AEM7AC920

I don't see what the big problem is, the locos that are left in phase III are getting rebuilt and repainted anyways so it's not like we are asking amtrak to use more money just to keep the loco's in III it's just the task of repainting the loco's in the same phase