• Pennsylvania RR Station-East Aurora/Riley's Street Station restaurant-Closed for good.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SST

I drove out to East Aurora last night to have dinner across the street from Riley's. It was all dark except for a few xmas lights outside. I didn't like the looks of that. I asked my sister about it and she told me it was sold. No more restaurant.

I have been lucky enough to catch a few trains while eating there. Once during lunch [+/-12:30] which is rare. Loved the rumble as it went by.

After dinner and as I drove out of the parking lot, I noticed my headlights were reflecting off the reflective stickers on moving tank cars. Good timing as I watched the inbound to Buffalo pass through at 9:15pm. I didn't catch the locomotives but I caught a pretty long train. I tried to catch up with it along the East Aurora Expressway [400] but didn't succeed.

Glad the building is mostly staying as is but sad that there won't be any track side eating. I loved the atmosphere of the dining area and the various photographs on each table. I wonder where the tables are going?

https://wyrk.com/riley-street-station-sold/
  by FarmallBob

Sad to learn this.

My grandmother lived only a block away. As a kid in the late 50's/early 60's we would walked to the station to meet a late morning southbound PRR passenger train.

Also got my first cab visit here. The engine crew of a switcher invited a couple of us aboard for the short ride to Fisher-Price where they switched a few cars in/out.

Fond memories!