• Pelton Road Brush Cutting

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by David Hutchinson

There was a major brush and tree cutting by NS at Pelton (County Route 1) last week. You can actually stand back and get a decent shot of an eastbound. NS also cut some of the trees on the south side of the crossing, on the NYSW side. There was also some cutting down at grade crossing down by the car wash.

by Steve F45

I saw a pic of that on rrpicarchives and was wondering if its to make way for any new track work?

by washingtonsecondary

Unless its NYS&W track work, I wouldn't count on much.

by Marty Feldner

Track work? I doubt it- just cleaning out growth that hasn't been touched in a generation or more. Friday they worked both sides of Elm Street- towards the former yard, and working toward Main St. Took it right down to the creek on the south side; that's the most open it's been since pre-Conjob...

by NJ Vike

Speaking of maintenance, NYS&W has placed two new signals near Limecrest. Unfortunately, one crossbuck has already been removed. Not sure if NYS&W did it or not. What's the chance they'll give me the other one :-)

by David Hutchinson

I heard the crossing clearings might have to do with liability..... seems like someone won a lawsuit beacuse they had limited sight distance when they got whacked at a grade crossing.

by washingtonsecondary

I think the crossings have to be clear for 100 yards in either direction.

by washingtonsecondary

NS might be on a kick to clear brush on its Secondarys. Apperently there was some clearing on the Washington Secondary and what is left of the Old Main, just north of Washington in the last few weeks.