• Patriots day operations

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

do local yard jobs out of Walpole, Readville, Middleboro and Framingham work on Patriots day this year? ( April 17 i think it is? )

by GOLDEN-ARM

"Patriots Day"? I have heard of Veterans day, Memorial day, Armed Forces day, but not Patriots day. It isn't a Canadian holiday, is it?

by Rockingham Racer

Nah, it's a Massachusetts thing: April 19.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Well, if it's a "local" thing, they will work. The unions have arranged for 11 compensated holidays per year, under the National Agreements, and that day (Patriots day) is not one of them. I would imagine it would be business as usual, in your favorite fanning spots...... :-D

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

o wow, i didn't know it was just a Massachusetts holiday, nice, i will get to see some local jobs working :-D

by CSX Conductor

As Golden-Arm stated normal operations. You asked last year too and got the same response, LOL. :P

by Rockingham Racer

CSX Conductor wrote:As Golden-Arm stated normal operations. You asked last year too and got the same response, LOL. :P
My, what a great memory you have!!! :-D

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

hahaha i always forget, thansk :-D

by badneighbor

Patriots Day is a big deal in Boston, they usually run the Boston Marathon that day and the Red Sox play an 11:00am home game. It is a big day apparently... only good if the Sox lose though.... (Welcome to the Bronx Johnnie D.)

by CSX Conductor

BTW F40, all Irish employees have next Tuesday off paid in observance of St Patty's Day. Those who wish to work can drink while on-duty if they choose to. LOL. :P Only kidding.

by badneighbor

Guiness for all

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

haha i wish :-D

question answered, topic closed