• PAR System Map

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

PAR posted a new system map on their website. http://panamrailways.com/Maps/Map.pdf
It is more "railroady" and looks more like other RR maps you can find on corporate sites than the old cryptic jpeg they had. Shows transload and intermodal facilities, and gives nod to PAS.
Now they just need to give PAR a fancy site like the brands division got...
  by jr145

Marketing has large fold out ones that they give out too.
  by johnpbarlow

It's interesting Pan Am shows service coverage of northern Maine via haulage rights I guess via their relationship with the Irving RRs. OTOH, Pan Am doesn't do anything to highlight their automotive traffic with P&W at Gardner.
  by newpylong

johnpbarlow wrote:It's interesting Pan Am shows service coverage of northern Maine via haulage rights I guess via their relationship with the Irving RRs. OTOH, Pan Am doesn't do anything to highlight their automotive traffic with P&W at Gardner.
Why would they? It's just common interchange... what is weirder is that Gardner doesn't appear to be listed as an interchange point at all.
  by artman

KSmitty wrote:PAR posted a new system map on their website. http://panamrailways.com/Maps/Map.pdf
It is more "railroady" and looks more like other RR maps you can find on corporate sites than the old cryptic jpeg they had. Shows transload and intermodal facilities, and gives nod to PAS.
Now they just need to give PAR a fancy site like the brands division got...
Still drawn on AutoCAD, but with a lot more data, that's for sure.
  by Mcoov

This new map shows the Calais Branch as still having traffic.
  by MEC407

Looks like they mislabeled New Hampshire Central as NHN.
  by guilfordrailfan

Mcoov wrote:This new map shows the Calais Branch as still having traffic.
That's the Calais Industrial Track, a very small portion of the old Calais Branch which interchanges with NBSR and has no connection to the rest of PAR. I believe ST crews still operate the line using a borrowed NBSR switcher.
  by RRBUFF

The Calais Branch still operates from Calais to Woodland to service the Woodland paper mill. the NBSR engine is leased by the mill but are operated by Pan Am. The traffic is exchanged across the St Croix River at St Stephen NB. Recently since the NBSR has taken over the old MMA lines in northern Maine, there has been many cars of pulp logs moving to the mill.
  by Mcoov

RRBUFF wrote:The Calais Branch still operates from Calais to Woodland to service the Woodland paper mill.
Still?!?! I thought ops there had stopped anywhere between 2007 and 2009.
  by newpylong

Oh yeah, Springfield (CSXT), Brattleboro (NECR) and White River Junction (VRS/WACR) aren't listed as interchange points either.
  by MEC407

Mcoov wrote:
RRBUFF wrote:The Calais Branch still operates from Calais to Woodland to service the Woodland paper mill.
Still?!?! I thought ops there had stopped anywhere between 2007 and 2009.
They stopped for a while and then they restarted.
  by Otto Vondrak

KSmitty wrote:PAR posted a new system map on their website. http://panamrailways.com/Maps/Map.pdf
It's nice to see an updated map, but it's not a whole lot different than the same CAD generated map they have been using for years. Anyone at PAR listening? I'll draw you a GREAT map! Just ask me!

-otto-
  by cpf354

Judging from the color coding, PAR could be the "Blue Team", and PAS the "Brown Team".
  by CFD125

Looks like a great map. Much better than last years. I see the 505 in on its third paint job...white with black outline!!

The proof reader must have been on vacation though. I may be mistaken, but I thought the T in MBTA was for transportation, not transit.

Metro North listed twice also.